WHIN Music Community Charter School is the first school of its kind! Built on the principles of El Sistema, WHIN is a place where children learn, grow, and make music together. At WHIN, we are building a nucleo, a community where staff, families, and students work together to make a powerful shift in public education that puts learners’ needs first.
To provide our diverse student population with rigorous academic instruction, intensive music education and a positive learning environment so that every student can thrive academically and personally.
- that all children deserve a high quality education, with access to academic rigor, music creation, and a holistic approach to developing character.
- that a collaboration with families ensures the greatest success for our learners.
- that restorative justice, inquiry-based hands on learning, and authentic learning experiences provide the most effective environments for growth, success, and joy.
We are looking for teachers who are…
- looking to grow and prosper in a collaborative work environment, including in co-taught classrooms.
- excited about teaching in a school and neighborhood where diversity is central.
- highly qualified and certified in Special Education, English as a New Language, and/or Early Childhood Education.
We support teachers by…
- coaching and professional growth to deepen instructional practices.
- peer-to-peer observations, feedback, and support as well as ongoing professional development.
- having two teachers co-teaching to ensure all learners’ needs are met and teachers can work collaboratively to be at their best.
In action, our mission looks like caring deeply about all aspects of our young learners’ potential. We make academics a priority while also ensuring students’ character and personal growth. With music at our core, students experience working together to create something bigger than their individual skills every single day, and this approach extends to our classrooms where project-based, hands on learning cultivates curious, creative, and hardworking learners.