WHIN is currently seeking a high performing Special Education Teacher Support Service (SETSS) Teacher who is ready to help grow a unique school community where compassion, kindness, and curiosity drive each and every day.
Specifically, the SETSS Teacher is responsible for:
● Must be knowledgeable about instructing students in all core content areas and be able to create and maintain a fun, engaging, and inclusive culture where all students love to learn in small group or inside the classroom
● Targeting instruction and differentiating instruction to meet specific learners needs to improve sensory and perceptual motor skills, language, cognition, and memory using smaller groups of students
● Developing, modifying, and implementing curriculum and assessments for students with disabilities as determined in a student's IEP and/or 504 plan
● Actively engaging students in rigorous, project based, common core aligned learning experiences
● Collect data to drive individual and group instruction as well as conduct Functional Behavior Assessments/Analysis (FBA) to create and implement Behavior Intervention Plans (BIPs) as needed
● Driving academic outcomes for all students by analyzing data, differentiating instruction, and supporting each learner’s unique needs
● Contributing to the Child Study Team’s assessments of student needs
● Collaborating with colleagues to implement an effective integrated co-teaching model to serve all students in an inclusive classroom
● Implementing a music-infused academic curriculum with support from the Director of Music and Directors of Curriculum and Instruction.
● Inspiring students and fellow staff to perform at his or her highest potential
● Developing and maintaining strong and professional relationships with WHIN parents and families
Qualifications for the Elementary Special Education Teacher positions are:
● NYS or equivalent Special Education Teaching Certification and having Dual Elementary Education Teaching Certification and Special Education Teacher Certification is preferred
● Urban elementary teaching experience
● Demonstrated success raising achievement levels of all students
● An unwavering belief that all students can achieve at a high level
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
● A big heart and compassion for students who are in need of social, emotional, and academic support
● The ability to thrive in a startup environment
● The ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic, and exciting school
● A sense of humor and kindness towards your colleagues
Advanced proficiency in one or more of the following areas is strongly preferred
● Bilingual (Spanish)
● Music performance
● Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and/or Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Program training preferred
● Early Childhood teaching experience and/or certifications
● Project Based Learning and Inquiry Based Learning
● Responsive Classroom, Love & Logic Student Management, and Restorative Justice models