WHIN Music Community Charter School is the first school of its kind! Built on the principles of El Sistema, WHIN is a place where children learn, grow, and make music together. At WHIN, we are building a nucleo, a community where staff, families, and students work together to make a powerful shift in public education that puts learners’ needs first.
To provide our diverse student population with rigorous academic instruction, intensive music education and a positive learning environment so that every student can thrive academically and personally.
- that all children deserve a high-quality education, with access to academic rigor, music creation, and a holistic approach to developing character.
- that a collaboration with families ensures the greatest success for our learners.
- that restorative justice, inquiry-based hands on learning, and authentic learning experiences provide the most effective environments for growth, success, and joy.
We are looking for school aides who are…
- looking to grow and prosper in a collaborative work environment.
- excited about working in a school and neighborhood where diversity is central.
- mission aligned and believe that music can be a vehicle for social inclusion and achievement
In action, our mission looks like caring deeply about all aspects of our young learners’ potential. We make academics a priority while also ensuring students’ character and personal growth. With music at our core, students experience working together to create something bigger than their individual skills every single day, and this approach extends to classroom where project-based, hands on learning cultivates curious, creative, and hardworking learners.
WHIN is currently seeking high performing school aides who are ready to help grow a unique school community where compassion, kindness, and curiosity drive each and every day.
Specifically, School Aides at WHIN are responsible for:
- Assisting with student registration process, including collect registration packets and supporting documents.
- Answering phone calls, directing calls, taking messages, placing outgoing calls, and sending robo calls.
- Monitoring hallways, transitions, lunch, breakfast, recess, and bus arrival/dismissal
- Preparing photocopies and other school documents as requested
- Ensuring the school’s main office environment is at all times clean, neat, organized and orderly.
- Distributing snacks to classrooms
- Ensuring memos, notices, and other school-specific documents are delivered, collected from classrooms and processed daily.
- Occasionally assist the school nurse with the handling of sick students.
- Supporting all family engagement efforts including after hour workshops, concerts, and other events.
- Planning and preparing for school events and activities.
- Assisting operations team with special/time-sensitive projects throughout the year, including but not limited to: summer inventory, school yearp, enrollment, assemblies, and end of year closeout.
- Receiving, organizing, and delivering deliveries.
- Heavy lifting, moving, and putting together furniture
- Performing additional duties designated by the Executive Director and/or Director of Operations for the school’s successful functioning.
- Helping set the tone for the school’s warm and professional culture.
Qualifications for the School Aide positions are:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree or at least 3 years related experience.
- Experience working with elementary aged students in an Urban education setting and/or school.
- Passionate and committed to school’s mission and vision.
- A positive attitude and the enthusiasm to be a hard-working, team player.
- Willingness to accept and implement constructive feedback.
- An interest in helping people and the capacity to connect sincerely and appropriately with children and their families.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects while staying organized in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrates flexibility and has the ability to adjust to changing priorities.
- Robust computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- An unwavering belief that all students can achieve at a high level.
- The ability to thrive in ap environment.
- The ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic, and exciting school.
- A sense of humor and kindness towards your colleagues.
Advanced proficiency in one or more of the following areas is strongly preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Interest in music performance and/or music education
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.