Unfinished works to strengthen our civic life in the digital age.
We are building a new shared, public infrastructure for the web that generates much greater value for the people who use it. The web we envision incorporates data rights as a default, gives people the full power of their networks and the value they generate, promotes transparency and trust, and opens opportunity to effect positive social change at scale. The time has come to build a better web, one that works for people first. Visit projectliberty.io to learn more, go to unfinishedlabs.io to understand our story, or download our dsnp_whitepaper to explore the details.
As part of our mission, we seek a passionate Senior Backend Developer to join a world class team building a better web that generates a greater value for the people who use it.
Senior Mobile Developer
Specifically, we are currently seeking a Senior Developer to join our team. This individual will build, extend, and maintain backend Node.JS platforms for running mobile and web apps.
- Create robust REST APIs for consumption by mobile and web clients
- Create scalable database schemas for storing, indexing, and querying
- Develop a secure and scalable platform
- Maintain code with great automated test coverage to ensure a high quality code base
- You have strong experience with Typescript and Node.js
- You also have experience using graphQL, and large scale SQL and NoSQL databases
- You love designing and building scalable, fault tolerant, and secure distributed systems
- You have developed an understanding of how to build instrumented, observable software systems
- Ideally you would have had experiences building microservices on top of Kubernetes or other container orchestration systems
- You have also had experience working with large scale SQL and NoSQL databases
- You can understand complex data structures and algorithms
- You have lead a team of nodejs developers previously (Ideal, not required)
- You have experience working with both onshore and offshore teams in different time zones.
- You have Experience with React and other front end frameworks
- Passionate about making an excellent product and never think 'That's not my job'
- Enjoy working in a small team using agile methodologies to build a culture of success
- Innovative, proactive, and highly adaptable to a rapidly evolving entrepreneurial environment.
- Operate from the perspective of no job too big or too small
- Perseverance to push through obstacles swiftly and execute across a broad range of responsibilities, while keeping an eye to the bigger picture
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and approach challenges with an entrepreneurial growth mindset
- High emotional intelligence, a low-ego and collaborate well with people from different cultures and points of view
- Inquisitive by nature and interested in working closely with the technology team to understand blockchain and other cutting-edge technologies
- Ability to work independently
- We strive to always take the high road
- We take the long view
- We are builders
- We believe in the power of collective genius above lone heroes
- We value the possibilities opened through questions
- We are us
More About Us
With a network of partners in technology, academia, social impact and the arts, Unfinished is imagining the future of technology, culture, and our economy to create a thriving multiracial democracy.
Project Liberty seeks to accelerate the world’s transition to an open, inclusive data economy that puts citizens in control. At the core is a shift from centralized to decentralized—a future in which all people, not just the few, directly benefit from their participation and contribution. The success of this work, in fact, depends on many people and organizations actively working together to shape a better future.
The determined team behind the earliest stages of Project Liberty is working to pave the way for these many contributors by actively engaging diverse voices, and equipping them with the critical infrastructure they need to catalyze change. We have developed the technology to make a shared, community governed social network possible—now available to the public as open source code. We are designing developer tools and an incentive system to reward early adopters and their work, and to support migration to a healthier web economy. And we are bringing together networks of organizations that seek change—including the formation of an Institute with Georgetown University and Sciences Po focused on leveraging technology to drive the common good.
We believe having diversity of perspective, professional backgrounds, identity groups and lived experience is a strength for teams and we actively encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Unfinished is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, disability, age, and familial, caregiver, or veteran status.