Unfinished works to strengthen our civic life in the digital age.
We are building a new shared, public infrastructure for the web that generates much greater value for the people who use it. The web we envision incorporates data rights as a default, gives people the full power of their networks and the value they generate, promotes transparency and trust, and opens opportunity to effect positive social change at scale. The time has come to build a better web, one that works for people first. Visit projectliberty.io to learn more, go to unfinishedlabs.io to understand our story,.
As we are in the early stages, we are looking to hire several self-motivated, talented individuals to help drive and execute on our mission. You should be purposeful, quality-driven, curious, determined, collaborative and fun.
Specifically, we seek a passionate Blockchain Software Developer to join a world class team building a better web that generates a greater value for the people who use it.
You will be helping turn our new Distributed Social Networking Protocol (DSNP as described in the whitepaper) into a concrete specification and help build out the DSNP ecosystem around it.
- Research, design, develop, and test contracts, token incentive systems, and other blockchain technologies.
- Brainstorm and help evaluate applications for new tools and technologies as they continually evolve.
- Build and maintain client and server-side applications responsible for integration and business logic.
- Be involved in the global blockchain community-work on implementing and integrating the latest improvement proposals.
- Document new solutions as well as maintaining that of existing ones.
- You are familiar with cryptography and Ethereum-like blockchains.
- You have several years of working experience with Go, Python, TypeScript, Java, C++, C# and/or Scala.
- You also have several years of experience in designing and building scalable, fault tolerant, and secure distributed systems.
- A developed understanding and sincere enjoyment of working within complex data structures and algorithms.
- The code that you write is clear, maintainable and will scale across several projects and distributed development teams.
- Diligence, hard work, creativity and openness to new ideas and approaches.
- A great ability to learn and you are eager to expand your areas of expertise.
- Innovative, proactive, and highly adaptable to a rapidly evolving entrepreneurial environment.
- Passion about making an excellent product and never think ‘That’s not my job’.
- Operate from the perspective of no job too big or too small.
- Perseverance to push through obstacles swiftly and execute across a broad range of responsibilities, while keeping an eye to the bigger picture.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and approach challenges with an entrepreneurial growth mindset.
- High emotional intelligence, a low-ego and collaborate well with people from different cultures and points of view.
- Inquisitive by nature and interested in working closely with the technology team to understand blockchain and other cutting-edge technologies.
More About Us:
The determined team behind the earliest stages of Project Liberty is working to pave the way for these many contributors by actively engaging diverse voices, and equipping them with the critical infrastructure they need to catalyze change. We have developed the technology to make a shared, community governed social network possible—now available to the public as open source code. We are designing developer tools and an incentive system to reward early adopters and their work, and to support migration to a healthier web economy. And we are bringing together networks of organizations that seek change—including the formation of an Institute with Georgetown University and Sciences Po focused on leveraging technology to drive the common good.
We believe having diversity of perspective, professional backgrounds, identity groups and lived experience is a strength for teams and we actively encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Unfinished is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, disability, age, and familial, caregiver, or veteran status.