PRN LPN Field Coordinator – Nursing Homes
- Flexible hours- 8 hours Saturday and Sunday or one weekend day and weekday evenings for up to 18 – 20 hours per week
LiveWell Choice is growing rapidly and is looking to add new talent to our team. LiveWell Choice currently has operations in Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania with plans to start up operations in additional states in the very near future. Due to our rapid growth, we have an immediate need for a PRN ISNP Licensed Practice Nurse (LPN) – Orlando, FL.
LiveWell Choice offers an integrated health plan care management platform designed to improve clinical outcomes and reduce unnecessary medical interventions for long-term care beneficiaries living in skilled nursing facilities (SNFs). We offer Institutional Special Needs Plans (I-SNP) that are designated Medicare Advantage plans targeted to beneficiaries with Medicare part A & B who require long-term care in institutional settings. Longevity provides an advanced practice practitioner (NP or PA) supported by LHP RNs and other LHP Clinical team members to work with facility staff, physicians, and caregivers to manage member care in place, and improve their clinical outcomes. I-SNP and the Advanced Practitioner Provider/Clinical Team will improve resident and family satisfaction by providing enhanced benefits specifically tailored to the needs of facility residents.
General Purpose: The individual holding this position is required to support and demonstrate their commitment to the LiveWell Choice Statement of Purpose, which is: To improve the health and quality of life of nursing home residents by caring for their unique medical, social, and emotional needs.
The ISNP Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is an essential member of the Clinical Operations team providing support to the Market based clinical teams to facilitate the ISNP Model of Care execution and member access to needed services and support. The ISNP Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will assist Longevity Health Plan (LHP) Advanced Practice Provider (APP) in their delivery of care, programs, and services, to members within their clinical location in accordance with state law and regulations.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Communicates effectively with all members of the health care team.
- Rounding in facilities to observe, measure, record, and report forward member issues to the assigned APP.
- Assists with reporting hospitalizations to APP.
- Assists with ensuring member visits and oversights are in place based on the model of care cadence.
- The LPN will be responsible for no more than 6 buildings.
- LPN is responsible for understanding and adhering to Long Term Care Facility compliance and regulatory requirements.
- LPN rounds on members frequently observing for subtle changes in condition, identifying unmet needs, helping obtain access to plan benefits, and network providers, as needed. Has the ability to receive verbal orders and write them as received from APP or from PCP.
- LPN will communicate with member familiar and Legally Authorized Representative (LAR) on status.
- LPN will escalate member changes in condition and abnormal diagnostics.
- LPN can gather member history, help with external appointments.
- LPN works with facilities on ensuring member changes in condition and interventions are captured in MDS.
- LPN teaches Long Term Care facilities on various health related topics such as early changes in condition, sepsis, heart failure, managing aggressive behavior, based on needs and available tools from education.
- LPN assists in member advocacy with Primary Care Physicians, Long Term Care facility staff, and LARs, to promote members goals if care and care wishes.
- Record and report to APP information that can be included in advanced directives and goals of care.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Unencumbered Licensed Practical Nurse in state of practice required.
- Valid state driver’s license with a good driving record and proof of automobile insurance required.
- Auto liability insurance declaration page with minimum limits of $100,000/$300,000 for bodily injury and $100,000 for property damage with combined single limit of $300,000. You will be responsible for providing this proof of coverage on an annual basis.
- BLS Certification required.
Education and Training:
- Licensed Practical Nurse Training and degree required.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 5-year bedside experience within Long Term Care required.
- 2-year experience in a supervisory capacity required.
- Managed care coordination background/experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- ISNP or managed care/value-based payment program experience strongly preferred.
- NH LPN experience as charge nurse preferred.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and balance workload.
- Knowledge of the challenges and opportunities to serve the long-term nursing home population.
It is the policy of Longevity Health to follow Federal and / or State regulations surrounding COVID vaccinations. While CMS guidelines have been relaxed, there are some LHP facilities which will still require staff be vaccinated in an effort to protect the health of the members / patients we serve. If your assigned location(s) require all staff to be fully vaccinated, you are required to obtain and / or provide documentation related to your COVID vaccination. To confirm whether your assigned location(s) require COVID vaccinations, please refer to the Facility Guide Job Aid located on Longevity Health Plan’s intranet site.
The Company will engage in an interactive process with individuals who cannot be vaccinated for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be made. While an exemption/accommodation may be initially granted, if at any time during employment, it is determined that an exemption/accommodation that has been granted is no longer considered a reasonable accommodation, it can result in employment with the Company ending.
Candidates must meet the Company’s hiring criteria which include a pre-employment background and drug screening.
LiveWell Choice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
LiveWell Choice offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, and 401(k).
Submission of false information during the application process may result in immediate termination of employment without notice.