LiveWell Choice, a subsidiary of Longevity Health, is growing and looking to hire a Geriatric Social Worker – Chicago, IL.
General Purpose: The individual holding this position is required to support and demonstrate their commitment to the Longevity Health Statement of Purpose, which is: To improve the health and quality of life of nursing home residents by caring for their unique medical, social, and emotional needs.
The Geriatric Social Worker focuses on addressing social, physical, and socioeconomic issues that impact our older adult members/patients, their well-being and health. They bring to the model of care a combination of expertise and experience that allows them to effectively assess, advocate for and develop care plans that improve the lives of older adults. This individual will approach their work with an emphasis on their clients’ self-determination and personal growth. They will strive to ensure that care plans reflect the wishes and strengths of older adults and their families. They first evaluate the various needs and abilities of clients and then collaborate with them to develop short- and long-term interventions. The Geriatric Social Worker will work with a multi-disciplinary team to create an environment for regular monitoring and interventions for the various conditions while identifying behavioral, substance abuse, and social determinants to improve health outcomes.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Oversees overall provision of social work services to members/patients and their families.
- Develops, implements, and revises Social Service Policies and Procedures.
- Develop social assessment and social care plan, which identifies medically related social and emotional problems and needs with realistic goals and specific actions to be taken.
- Ability to listen and act compassionately with members/family members.
- Document members/patients behavioral and psycho-social status.
- Provide support for family and members/patients during times of adjustment, crisis, or particular need.
- Advises and counsels interdepartmentally on social service issues.
- Provides emergency on call services for mental health, drug, and alcohol patients on an as needed basis.
- Acts as a liaison between member/patient and community agencies including social, health and government agencies.
- Facilitates family meetings.
- Maintains adequate documentation as to comply with Federal, State, and regulatory requirements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW) required.
- Valid state drivers’ license with a good driving record and proof of automobile insurance required.
- Auto liability insurance declaration page with minimum limits of $100,000/$300,000 for bodily injury and $100,000 for property damage with combined single limit of $300,000. You will be responsible for providing this proof of coverage on an annual basis. Newly onboarding employees to this job description should contact HR to discuss any adjustments required to meet this coverage.
Education and Training:
- Master’s degree in social work.
Knowledge and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in long-term care/Geriatric social work.
- Must be knowledgeable of social services practices, procedures, laws, regulations, and guidelines governing long-term care.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Advanced computer skills- MS Office Products required.
- Emotional intelligence, calm when under pressure.
- Ability to succeed in a rapidly evolving organization.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills.
Founded in 2018, Longevity Health started as an Institutional Special Needs Plan (ISNP), a type of Medicare Advantage health plan that addresses significant unmet needs of long-term institutionalized members who reside in nursing homes. Through rapid growth from 2018 to 2022, we expanded our market footprint and currently offer ISNP Medicare Advantage plans in Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, and North Carolina.
In 2023, we expanded our service offerings to the broader health plan market. In addition to our existing markets where we are both the ISNP and the care management team, we are now partnering with National Carriers on their offered ISNP plans in Ohio, Pennsylvania, upstate New York, Georgia, South Carolina, and Texas, with implementations in progress for several other additional US states. This allows us to utilize our core skills of supporting clinical post-acute needs of this vulnerable senior population Currently 13 markets and expanding rapidly.
Longevity Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
It is the policy of Longevity Health to follow Federal and / or State regulations surrounding COVID vaccinations. While CMS guidelines have been relaxed, there are some LHP facilities which will still require staff be vaccinated in an effort to protect the health of the members / patients we serve. If your assigned location(s) require all staff to be fully vaccinated, you are required to obtain and / or provide documentation related to your COVID vaccination. To confirm whether your assigned location(s) require COVID vaccinations, please refer to the Facility Guide Job Aid located on Longevity Health Plan’s intranet site.
The Company will engage in an interactive process with individuals who cannot be vaccinated for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be made. While an exemption/accommodation may be initially granted, if at any time during employment, it is determined that an exemption/accommodation that has been granted is no longer considered a reasonable accommodation, it can result in employment with the Company ending.
Candidates must meet the Company’s hiring criteria which include a pre-employment background and drug screening.
Longevity Health offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, and 401(k).
Submission of false information during the application process may result in immediate termination of employment without notice.