LiveWell Choice, a subsidiary of Longevity Health Plan, is growing and looking to hire a RN Field Coordinator – Brooklyn, NY.
LiveWell Choice is growing rapidly and is looking to add new talent to our team. LiveWell Choice currently has operations in Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania with plans to start up operations in additional states in the very near future. Due to our rapid growth, we have an immediate need for a RN Field Coordinator - Brooklyn, NY.
LiveWell Choice offers an integrated health plan care management platform designed to improve clinical outcomes and reduce unnecessary medical interventions for long-term care beneficiaries living in skilled nursing facilities (SNFs). We offer Institutional Special Needs Plans (I-SNP) that are designated Medicare Advantage plans targeted to beneficiaries with Medicare part A & B who require long-term care in institutional settings. Longevity provides an advanced practice practitioner (NP or PA) supported by LHP RNs and other LHP Clinical team members to work with facility staff, physicians, and caregivers to manage member care in place, and improve their clinical outcomes. I-SNP and the Advanced Practitioner Provider/Clinical Team will improve resident and family satisfaction by providing enhanced benefits specifically tailored to the needs of facility residents.
General Purpose: The individual holding this position is required to support and demonstrate their commitment to the LiveWell Choice Statement of Purpose, which is: To improve the health and quality of life of nursing home residents by caring for their unique medical, social, and emotional needs.
The RN Field Coordinator (RN FC) is responsible to support on the ground continuity of care data gathering and facilitation of effective onboarding of new health plan members and new buildings. The RN FC will work with the local clinical staff and leadership to educate and train new nursing facilities on the clinical model, will access facility and LHP EMR data to ensure LHP clinical team members understand member transition needs and communicate to the National Care Coordination Team any needs for network or other provider support. Additionally, the RN FC will help gather other information for the NC NPs who are onboarding new members to Facilitate initial visits for the NPs. The RN SC will travel to the different Nursing Homes upon request and assignment by the Market Director of Clinical Services (MDCS).
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Works directly with the clinical and sales team to identify member external appointments, then facilitates access to those providers in a seamless and timely manner and communicates back to the member’s NP and NH contact.
- Uses facility EMRs to prescreen new enrollees to determine any specific continuity of care needs for external appointments/specialists, etc. and facilitates their access.
- Performs care coordination activities - member transitions of care communication to and from facility, assisting with Prior auth requests process, assisting with members’ needing out of Nursing Facility care and services, knowing how to access the drug formulary, provider directory and communicates member patients/families and doctors as delegated by team- Nurse Practitioners.
- Participates in Longevity Health Plan NC standing clinical meetings on a daily/weekly monthly basis.
- Assists with gathering data for hospitalization review sessions.
- Assist with onboarding new nursing homes, educating team members on LHP model.
- Assists with the initiation of telehealth service in newly onboarded NHs, assisting with education, following up as needed.
- Proficient user of the LHP EMR.
- Will conduct nursing home orientation sessions for all shifts on LHP MOC and introduction to the model on all new homes and refreshers on existing homes in the Market.
- Assists with LHP EMR data input upon request of MDCS when a team member is having difficulty or is behind.
- Performs other duties as assigned, or as required by the team and based on caseload, workload, etc.
- Licensed registered professional nurse in good standing.
- Valid state drivers’ license with a good driving record and proof of automobile insurance required.
- Auto liability insurance declaration page with minimum limits of $100,000/$300,000 for bodily injury and $100,000 for property damage with combined single limit of $300,000. You will be responsible for providing this proof of coverage on an annual basis.
Education and Training:
- Associate degree in nursing required, bachelor’s degree in nursing or other healthcare related discipline but must be a licensed professional registered nurse.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Nursing home background or health plan case management experience preferred.
- Minimum 2 years, experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, EMR/clinical Platform/MS Office Products.
- Knowledge of the challenges and opportunities to serve the long-term nursing home population.
- Able to travel.
- Required to have managed care coordination background/experience.
It is the policy of Longevity Health to follow Federal and / or State regulations surrounding COVID vaccinations. While CMS guidelines have been relaxed, there are some LHP facilities which will still require staff be vaccinated in an effort to protect the health of the members / patients we serve. If your assigned location(s) require all staff to be fully vaccinated, you are required to obtain and / or provide documentation related to your COVID vaccination. To confirm whether your assigned location(s) require COVID vaccinations, please refer to the Facility Guide Job Aid located on Longevity Health Plan’s intranet site.
The Company will engage in an interactive process with individuals who cannot be vaccinated for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be made. While an exemption/accommodation may be initially granted, if at any time during employment, it is determined that an exemption/accommodation that has been granted is no longer considered a reasonable accommodation, it can result in employment with the Company ending.
Candidates must meet the Company’s hiring criteria which include a pre-employment background and drug screening.
LiveWell Choice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
LiveWell Choice offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, and 401(k).
Submission of false information during the application process may result in immediate termination of employment without notice.