LiveWell Choice, a subsidiary of Longevity Health Plan, is growing and looking to hire an Advanced Practice Provider - Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – East Orange, NJ.
LiveWell Choice is growing rapidly and is looking to add new talent to our team. LiveWell Choice currently has operations in Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania with plans to start up operations in additional states in the very near future. Due to our rapid growth, we have an immediate need for an Advanced Practice Provider - Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - East Orange, NJ.
LiveWell Choice offers an integrated health plan care management platform designed to improve clinical outcomes and reduce unnecessary medical interventions for long-term care beneficiaries living in skilled nursing facilities (SNFs). We offer Institutional Special Needs Plans (I-SNP) that are designated Medicare Advantage plans targeted to beneficiaries with Medicare part A & B who require long-term care in institutional settings. Longevity provides an advanced practice practitioner (NP or PA) supported by LHP RNs and other LHP Clinical team members to work with facility staff, physicians, and caregivers to manage member care in place, and improve their clinical outcomes. I-SNP and the Advanced Practitioner Provider/Clinical Team will improve resident and family satisfaction by providing enhanced benefits specifically tailored to the needs of facility residents.
General Information: An Advanced Practice Provider - Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant is a licensed and board-certified nurse practitioner or physician’s assistant specifically assigned to each Longevity Health Plan members for purposes of executing the Institutional Special Needs Plan Model of Care. Advanced Practice Providers - Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistants who require regulatory oversight/supervision will be hired based on the available supervisory/collaborative practice physicians and oversight processes in place in each Longevity Health Plan state.
General Purpose: The individual holding this position is required to support and demonstrate their commitment to the LiveWell Choice Statement of Purpose, which is: To improve the health and quality of life of nursing home residents by caring for their unique medical, social, and emotional needs.
The Advanced Practice Provider - Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant will be responsible to effectively medically manage a panel of Longevity Health Plan enrolled nursing home level of care/institutional members in partnership with primary care team and deliver the Longevity Health Plan Model of Care. The Advanced Practice Provider - Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant conducts a comprehensive assessment, develops and delivers the member’s individualized plan of care, attends nursing facility care team meetings, communicates frequently with the resident’s family/loved ones and ensures the care team understands the member’s goals of care and needs. The Advanced Practice Provider - Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant focuses on treating in place, uses clinical practice guidelines to guide treatment decisions and effectively documents member’s health status, functional status and diagnoses. As part of the Clinical team the Advanced Practice Provider - Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant will be supported by Nurse Practitioner Manager/Director and local medical director who provide education and guidance on best practices to effectively care for their members.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provides collaborative primary care and services to a panel of Longevity Health Plan Services including treating in the most appropriate setting based on the member’s goals of care.
- Executes/delivers Longevity Health Plan Model of Care activities, treating in the most appropriate setting, develops and implements advanced care planning, embraces and executes treating in place model.
- Facilitates, administers Health Plan clinical operations functions- prior authorization, Part A and B services, Medication Reviews, HEDIS and STARs quality gap closure, promoting membership growth.
- Serves as a trusted advisor to members, loved ones and nursing home staff and member advocate, educates care teams on member needs and early identification of changes in condition, notifying NP and telehealth partners for member changes.
- Delivers effective and frequent communication and coordination with members’ PCPs, loved ones and care team members om members care needs, goals of care, treatment plans/changes.
- Supports overall market goals/targets and balances member caseloads demands with other team member support needs.
- Promotes Longevity Health Plan with members, loved ones and nursing facilities and other stakeholders.
- Is able to function autonomously and is accountable for practice.
- Establishes meaningful relationships and is able to effectively function in the nursing home environment.
- Is member centric and customer service orientated establishing meaningful relationships that ensures effective and high-quality care for Longevity Health Plan members.
- Provides support for other important duties as assigned.
- State unrestricted licensed Advanced Practice Nurse, National Board certification (AANP or ANCC) as an Adult, Family, Geriatric or Primary Care nurse practitioner required. Will allow acute care nurse practitioner with nursing home/geriatric or hospice palliative experience OR state unrestricted licensed Physician’s Assistant NCCPA board certified with nursing home/geriatric or hospice/palliative experience
- DEA License required.
- Must be eligible to participate in the Medicare program as a provider and registered.
- Valid state driver's license with a good driving record and proof of automobile insurance required.
- Auto liability insurance declaration page with minimum limits of $100,000/$300,000 for bodily injury and $100,000 for property damage with combined single limit of $300,000. You will be responsible for providing this proof of coverage on an annual basis.
- Must have an active national provider number (NPI) and an active Medicare provider number.
Education and Training:
- Masters’ of Science in Nursing as a Nurse Practitioner from an nationally accredited program OR Masters Degree from an nationally accredited program.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 6 months experience as a Nurse Practitioner/Physician’s Assistant AND has some experience with geriatric/hospice or palliative care population prior to becoming an NP/PA OR is a licensed and board-certified new graduate NP/PA supervised by an experienced NP/PA in the LHP New Graduate Fellowship program for 6 months and successfully completes all competencies for independent practice as an LHP APP.
- Experience working in the nursing home environment is strongly desired.
- Computer/Technology proficiency required.
- The ability to engage and communicate effectively with physicians, patients, family members - excellent people skills.
- Self-directed but functions well in a team environment.
- Excellent clinical skills – assessment, diagnosis, treatment, prescribing specifically for the chronically ill population.
- Can function independently, demonstrated critical thinking skills, organization and prioritization skills.
It is the policy of Longevity Health to follow Federal and / or State regulations surrounding COVID vaccinations. While CMS guidelines have been relaxed, there are some LHP facilities which will still require staff be vaccinated in an effort to protect the health of the members / patients we serve. If your assigned location(s) require all staff to be fully vaccinated, you are required to obtain and / or provide documentation related to your COVID vaccination. To confirm whether your assigned location(s) require COVID vaccinations, please refer to the Facility Guide Job Aid located on Longevity Health Plan’s intranet site.
The Company will engage in an interactive process with individuals who cannot be vaccinated for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be made. While an exemption/accommodation may be initially granted, if at any time during employment, it is determined that an exemption/accommodation that has been granted is no longer considered a reasonable accommodation, it can result in employment with the Company ending.
Candidates must meet the Company’s hiring criteria which include a pre-employment background and drug screening.
LiveWell Choice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
LiveWell Choice offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, and 401(k).
Submission of false information during the application process may result in immediate termination of employment without notice.