LiveWell Choice, a subsidiary of Longevity Health Plan, is growing and looking to hire a Clinical Support Assistant (CSA) - Asheville.
LiveWell Choice continues to experience rapid growth and is looking to add new talent to our team. Longevity Health Plan currently has operations in Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, and North Carolina, with plans to start-up operations in additional states in the very near future. Due to our rapid growth, we have an immediate need for a Clinical Support Assistant (CSA) - Asheville.
The Clinical Support Assistant (CSA) is responsible to support the ground continuity of care, making rounds to catch early changes in member condition, data gathering, and facilitation of effective onboarding of new and current health plan members and new and current buildings. The CSA will work with the local clinical staff and leadership to assist in facility/member rounding, documentation, and other health plan-related administrative tasks. Additionally, the CSA will help gather other information for the APPs who are onboarding new members to facilitate initial comprehensive and follow-up visits for the APPs. The CSA may travel to different Nursing Homes upon request and assignment by the market clinical director/Manager.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Uses facility EMRs to prescreen new enrollees to determine any specific continuity of care needs for external appointments/specialists, etc., and facilitates their access.
- Performs care coordination activities - member transitions of care communication to and from the facility, assisting with Prior authorization requests process, assisting with members’ needing out of Nursing Facility care and services, knowing how to access the drug formulary, provider directory, and communicates member patients/families and doctors as delegated by the team.
- Proficient user of the LHP EMR.
- Assist with the model of care communication to RP of members when a member is stable.
- Assists with LHP EMR data input including backfilling of records, Medical histories, immunizations, lab results, and prior authorizations.
- Rounding with and for the facility, APPs assisting in reviewing vital signs, reviewing or gathering documentation, and picking up on early changes in condition identification and communication.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Medical Assistant license/Certified Nursing Assistant or equivalent required.
Education and Training:
- High school diploma/GED required.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Nursing home background or health plan case management experience preferred.
- Minimum 2 years, of experience as a Medical/Nursing Assistant.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, EMR/clinical Platform/MS Office Products.
- Knowledge of the challenges and opportunities to serve the long-term nursing home population.
- Able to travel.
- Knowledge and experience with nursing home regulations.
- Effective member and facility engagement skills.
- Must be fully immunized for COVID 19, Influenza.
- Must meet Nursing Home credentialing requirements.
It is the policy of Longevity Health to follow Federal and / or State regulations surrounding COVID vaccinations. While CMS guidelines have been relaxed, there are some LHP facilities which will still require staff be vaccinated in an effort to protect the health of the members / patients we serve. If your assigned location(s) require all staff to be fully vaccinated, you are required to obtain and / or provide documentation related to your COVID vaccination. To confirm whether your assigned location(s) require COVID vaccinations, please refer to the Facility Guide Job Aid located on Longevity Health Plan’s intranet site.
The Company will engage in an interactive process with individuals who cannot be vaccinated for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be made. While an exemption/accommodation may be initially granted, if at any time during employment, it is determined that an exemption/accommodation that has been granted is no longer considered a reasonable accommodation, it can result in employment with the Company ending.