LiveWell Choice, a subsidiary of Longevity Health, is growing and looking to hire a Clinical Support Assistant - Galloway, NJ.
General Purpose: The individual holding this position is required to support and demonstrate their commitment to the Longevity Health Statement of Purpose, which is: To improve the health and quality of life of nursing home residents by caring for their unique medical, social, and emotional needs.
Job Description: The Clinical Support Assistant (CSA) is responsible to support on the ground continuity of care, making rounds to catch early changes in member condition, data gathering and facilitation of effective onboarding of new and current health plan members and new and current buildings. The CSA will work with the local clinical staff and leadership to assist in facility/member rounding, documentation, and other health plan related administrative tasks. Additionally, the CSA will help gather other information for the APPs who are onboarding new members to facilitate initial comprehensive and follow-up visits for the APPs. The CSA may travel to different Nursing Homes upon request and assignment by the market clinical director/Manager.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Uses facility EMRs to prescreen new enrollees to determine any specific continuity of care needs for external appointments/specialists, etc. and facilitates their access.
- Performs care coordination activities - member transitions of care communication to and from facility, assisting with Prior auth requests process, assisting with members’ needing out of Nursing Facility care and services, knowing how to access the drug formulary, provider directory and communicates member patients/families and doctors as delegated by team.
- Proficient user of the LH EMR.
- Assist with model of care communication to RP of members when member is stable.
- Assists with LHP EMR data input including backfilling of records, Medical histories, immunizations, lab results and prior authorizations.
- Rounding with and for the facility APPs assisting in reviewing vital signs, reviewing or gathering documentation, picking up on early changes in condition identification and communication.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Medical Assistant license/Certified Nursing Assistant or equivalent required.
- Auto liability insurance declaration page with minimum limits of $100,000/$300,000 for bodily injury and $100,000 for property damage with combined single limit of $300,000. You will be responsible for providing this proof of coverage on an annual basis. Newly onboarding employees to this job description should contact HR to discuss any adjustments required to meet this coverage.
Education and Training:
- High school diploma/GED required.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Nursing home background or health plan case management experience preferred.
- Minimum 2 years, experience as a Medical/Nursing Assistant.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, EMR/clinical Platform/MS Office Products.
- Knowledge of the challenges and opportunities to serve the long-term nursing home population.
- Able to travel.
- Knowledge and experience on nursing home regulations.
- Effective member and facility engagement skills.
Founded in 2018, Longevity Health started as an Institutional Special Needs Plan (ISNP), a type of Medicare Advantage health plan that addresses significant unmet needs of long-term institutionalized members who reside in nursing homes. Through rapid growth from 2018 to 2022, we expanded our market footprint and currently offer ISNP Medicare Advantage plans in Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, and North Carolina.
In 2023, we expanded our service offerings to the broader health plan market. In addition to our existing markets where we are both the ISNP and the care management team, we are now partnering with National Carriers on their offered ISNP plans in Ohio, Pennsylvania, upstate New York, Georgia, South Carolina, and Texas, with implementations in progress for several other additional US states. This allows us to utilize our core skills of supporting clinical post-acute needs of this vulnerable senior population Currently 13 markets and expanding rapidly.
Longevity Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
It is the policy of Longevity Health to follow Federal and / or State regulations surrounding COVID vaccinations. While CMS guidelines have been relaxed, there are some LHP facilities which will still require staff be vaccinated in an effort to protect the health of the members / patients we serve. If your assigned location(s) require all staff to be fully vaccinated, you are required to obtain and / or provide documentation related to your COVID vaccination. To confirm whether your assigned location(s) require COVID vaccinations, please refer to the Facility Guide Job Aid located on Longevity Health Plan’s intranet site.
The Company will engage in an interactive process with individuals who cannot be vaccinated for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be made. While an exemption/accommodation may be initially granted, if at any time during employment, it is determined that an exemption/accommodation that has been granted is no longer considered a reasonable accommodation, it can result in employment with the Company ending.
Candidates must meet the Company’s hiring criteria which include a pre-employment background and drug screening.
Longevity Health offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, and 401(k).
Submission of false information during the application process may result in immediate termination of employment without notice.