Arevon Energy, Inc. is a leading renewable energy company, supplying clean energy to utilities and corporations across North America. Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., and New York City, Arevon uses innovative approaches and leading-edge technology to finance and manage projects from development through construction to long-term commercial operation. Its financial prowess and industry expertise come together to improve the structure and performance of its platform of wind, solar, and energy storage power plants. Arevon was named one of Arizona’s Top Workplaces in 2022. For more information, please visit: www.arevonenergy.com
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are central to everything we do. Arevon thrives on and celebrates different views, beliefs, and values. We are committed to our talented team and partners, regardless of background or affiliation, and to actively promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our business. We strive to be a place where you can be you and bring yourself to work.
Arevon is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to affirmative action planning and encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran or marital status.
The PositionArevon is recruiting for the position of Interconnection Manager, an outstanding opportunity for individuals seeking an exciting, high-growth work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. This position is in Scottsdale, AZ.
This critical hire will be a part of the Arevon development and construction team and will report to the Director of Grid Services. The Interconnection Manager will be responsible for spearheading the Interconnection efforts from early-stage development, through the construction process, and into commercial operation. The role will be required to collaborate with internal teams and external parties to confirm all the projects have met the Interconnection requirements of the Balancing Authorities the projects are connecting into. The candidate will also be required to manage various consultants in efforts relating to the Interconnection process, from pre-applications through execution of Interconnection Agreements. The responsibilities of the Interconnection Manager include but are not limited to:
- Lead/Manage Interconnection activities and track requirements for Interconnection studies and applications.
- Communicate and coordinate with Independent System Operators/Regional Transmission Organizations (ISO/RTO), transmission providers and Utilities to ensure the project interconnection is cost effective.
- Develop and manage the Interconnection schedules and ensure all the milestones are achieved.
- Support negotiations for technical studies and Interconnection Agreements.
- Oversee Consultant’s work for Interconnection applications, modeling and studies.
- Support the Project Engineering team and Project Managers through design, construction, and commissioning deliverables.
- Support the originations team with bid activities as it relates to technical documents for RFP’s.
- Remain up-to-date on all relevant new and upcoming technologies and policies at ISOs/RTOs and inform Project Engineering team and Project Managers.
- Develop and create new methodologies, tools, and procedures to improve efficiencies in the project lifecycle
- 3-5 years as an Interconnection Manager/Engineer within the renewable industry, utility, or RTO/ISO.
- Detailed knowledge of the Interconnection procedure at Utilities, ISOs/RTOs, and Transmission Providers.
- Ability to comprehend complex Interconnection study reports and communicate project technical and financial impacts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with External and internal Customers, Subcontractors, Vendors.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities.
- Proficient within Microsoft Office products.
- BS in Engineering or similar field from an accredited university
- Electrical Engineering is preferred, but not required.
- PSSE/PSLF knowledge preferred, but not required.
If you feel your background and experience meets the job requirements above, we'd love to hear from you. Please complete the easy form application or follow the link below: