HV Project Engineer – RENEWABLE ENERGY
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., and New York City, Arevon Energy, Inc. (“AREVON”) is a leading independent producer of utility-scale renewable power across the United States. The company owns and operates over 160 generation facilities with a total enterprise value of over $12B. With a team of over nearly 150 people and a very strong investor base, the company continues to grow rapidly through both development and M&A activities. As the US power generation fleet goes through the transition to renewable sources of generation and storage, AREVON is positioned to continue to lead that transition.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are central to everything we do. Arevon thrives on and celebrates different views, beliefs, and values. We are committed to our talented team and partners, regardless of background or affiliation, and to actively promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our business. We strive to be a place where you can be you and bring yourself to work.
Arevon is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to affirmative action planning and encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran or marital status.
AREVON is recruiting for the position of HV Project Engineer, an outstanding opportunity for individuals seeking an exciting, high-growth work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century.
The HV Project Engineer will be responsible for providing technical oversite for PV and BESS projects during development and construction. The responsibilities include supporting the full project lifecycle including development of scope of work documents, drafting & reviewing commissioning requirements, responding to technical RFI, and communicating with counterparties and internal stakeholders. The role requires detailed analysis and interpretation of civil, structural, and electrical Prudent Industry Practices. The role will be part of the Development & Construction team and will report directly to the Manager of Engineering. The responsibilities of a HV Project Engineer include but are not limited to:
· Lead engineer review of the PV, BESS, and HV designs of utility scale projects.
· Providing high voltage subject matter expertise for substation, switchyard, and SCADA designs
· Review and update civil, structural, and electrical technical documents.
· Review and respond to technical RFI responses throughout the project lifecycle.
· Manage the EPC during the design phase of large-scale solar arrays
· Perform due diligence on project documentation, and communicate fatal flaws to management.
· Review of electrical design calculations for electrical loads, short circuit and coordination studies, voltage drop, etc.
· Support the estimation team to accurately populate engineering budget estimates based on available project technical due diligence.
· Strong knowledge of applicable codes, standards, such as NESC, ASME, NEC, ANSI, IEEE.
· Familiarity with NERC
· Able and willing to travel to construction sites.
· Support project finance, estimating, and performance engineering to minimize risk and identify fatal flaws
· 5+ years of hands on experience as an engineer working with solar, BESS, or another related industry required
· Engineer in Training or Professional Engineering Registration (PE) preferred
· Electrical testing and field commissioning experience, preferred.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, highly motivated and results oriented, process oriented with strong organizational and communication skills
· Knowledge of engineering and renewable energy systems; solar PV systems including SCADA and monitoring systems, and BESS.
· Knowledge of site production & design calculations, plan preparation; site collector system calculations & report writing.
· Understanding of project design and optimization tradeoffs and familiarity with current market, equipment suppliers, contractors, typical technical specifications, and costs
· Experience and understanding of PV + BESS project design, optimization, suppliers, specifications and costs; including contracting approaches.
· Demonstrated knowledge of AutoCAD design, ETAP or similar, CYMCAP or similar, PV Syst or similar, WinIGS or similar, preferred.
· Knowledgeable in NEC, IEC, IBC, NFPA standards related to solar, BESS and substation design
· Knowledgeable in physical substation design methods and their application, preferred.
· Knowledgeable in civil design methods and their applications for hydrology studies and SWPPP, preferred
· Advanced computer skills in MS Office, MS Windows, and project controls.
· Proficient or able to learn Procore
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent, required
· Master’s Degree in engineering or equivalent, preferred
If you feel your background and experience meets the job requirements above, we'd love to hear from you. Please complete the easy form application or follow the link below: