BESS Project Engineer – RENEWABLE ENERGY / PRIVATE
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., and New York City, Arevon Energy, Inc. (“AREVON”) is a leading independent producer of utility-scale renewable power across the United States. The company owns and operates over 160 generation facilities with a total enterprise value of over $12B. With a team of over nearly 150 people and a very strong investor base, the company continues to grow rapidly through both development and M&A activities. As the US power generation fleet goes through the transition to renewable sources of generation and storage, AREVON is positioned to continue to lead that transition.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are central to everything we do. Arevon thrives on and celebrates different views, beliefs, and values. We are committed to our talented team and partners, regardless of background or affiliation, and to actively promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our business. We strive to be a place where you can be you and bring yourself to work.
Arevon is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to affirmative action planning and encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran or marital status.
AREVON is recruiting for the position of BESS Project Engineer, an outstanding opportunity for individuals seeking an exciting, high-growth work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century.
This critical hire will be a part of the Arevon’s Development and Construction team and will report directly to the Manager, BESS Engineering. The BESS Project Engineer will focus on Stand Alone Energy Storage and will work to advance projects through development, engineering and construction. The BESS Project Engineer will be responsible for completing site feasibility and risk analysis, coordinating engineering deliverables, and performing detailed analysis and interpretation of civil, structural, and electrical Prudent Industry Practices. The role will be required to collaborate with internal teams as well as external consultants to confirm all projects are optimized for performance, cost, and reliability.
The responsibilities of a Project Engineer include but are not limited to:
· Lead/Manage the full lifecycle of energy storage projects across the US
· Produce deliverables including layouts, feasibility/risk studies, and cost estimates
· Lead the development of EPC scope of work documents, commissioning requirements, acceptance tests, performance guarantees and other technical exhibits
· Manage external Owner’s Engineer and EPC contractors through the design, engineering, construction, and commissioning stages
· Track and manage project deadlines as they relate to design and engineering items
· Lead engineer review of engineering documentation and studies provided during project lifecycle
· Perform due diligence on project documentation, then catalog and communicate fatal flaws.
· Support the interconnection team through all interconnection application deliverables
· Support the originations team with RFP bid activities
· Support the internal procurement team in cost/benefit analysis of different technologies
· Develop new methodologies, tools and procedures to improve efficiency in the project lifecycle
· Knowledge of applicable codes, standards, such as NESC, ASME, NEC, ANSI, IEEE, NERC
· Able and willing to travel to construction sites.
5+ years of hands-on experience as an engineer working with energy storage, solar or another related industry required
· Engineer in Training or Professional Engineering Registration (PE) preferred
· Multi-project portfolio risk due diligence, preferred.
· Understanding of project design and optimization tradeoffs and familiarity with current market, equipment suppliers, contractors, typical technical specifications, and costs
· Knowledgeable in physical substation design methods and their application, preferred.
· Experience and understanding of BESS project design, optimization, suppliers, specifications and costs; including contracting approaches.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, highly motivated and results oriented, process oriented with strong organizational and communication skills
· Advanced computer skills in MS Office, MS Windows, and project controls.
· Proficient or able to learn Procore
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent, required
Master’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent, preferred
If you feel your background and experience meets the job requirements above, we'd love to hear from you. Please complete the easy form application or follow the link below: