Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., and New York City, Arevon Energy, Inc. (“AREVON”) is a leading independent producer of utility-scale renewable power across the United States. The company owns and operates over 160 generation facilities with a total enterprise value of over $12B. With a team of over nearly 150 people and a very strong investor base, the company continues to grow rapidly through both development and M&A activities. As the US power generation fleet goes through the transition to renewable sources of generation and storage, AREVON is positioned to continue to lead that transition.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are central to everything we do. Arevon thrives on and celebrates different views, beliefs, and values. We are committed to our talented team and partners, regardless of background or affiliation, and to actively promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our business. We strive to be a place where you can be you and bring yourself to work.
Arevon is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to affirmative action planning and encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran or marital status.
Arevon is recruiting for the position of Market Operations Manager, an outstanding opportunity for individuals seeking an exciting, high-growth work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century.
The Market Operations manager will be responsible for managing Arevon’s portfolio of battery storage and hybrid assets in the CAISO market. This is a unique opportunity to step into the management of an existing operating portfolio that is projected to grow to over 2 GW over the next 3 years.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Working closely with scheduling coordinators and third-party energy managers, oversee the day ahead and real-time trading strategy for the assets
- P&L responsibility for the assets including reporting results to upper management and third-party investors
- Execute transactions for Capacity, Energy, RECs, and Ancillary service products to hedge revenues where appropriate
- Participate in CAISO’s stakeholder process to track potential changes to market rules
- Work closely with the analytics team to improve Arevon’s forecasting and optimization models, back cast different strategies and improve reporting
- Work closely with asset managers and O&M providers to ensure proper processes are in place for outage reporting and contract obligations are being met Support the investment and origination teams by reviewing third-party forecasts and incorporating lessons learned from operations into valuation models Negotiate and execute agreements with scheduling coordinators
- 7+ years of experience in either electricity market trading/operations or energy-related commodity trading
- Detailed understanding of power market fundamentals, market rules, and the different products that drive battery storage revenues Understanding of the modeling techniques used to value and optimize merchant generation assets
- Excellent interpersonal skills, highly motivated and results-oriented, process-oriented with strong organizational and communication skills
Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Finance, or a quantitative analysis field
If you feel your background and experience meets the job requirements above, we'd love to hear from you. Please complete the easy form application or follow the link below: