Quantitative Analyst – RENEWABLE ENERGY
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., and New York City, Arevon Energy, Inc. (“AREVON”) is a leading independent producer of utility-scale renewable power across the United States. The company owns and operates over 160 generation facilities with a total enterprise value of over $12B. With a team of over nearly 150 people and a very strong investor base, the company continues to grow rapidly through both development and M&A activities. As the US power generation fleet goes through the transition to renewable sources of generation and storage, AREVON is positioned to continue to lead that transition.
AREVON is recruiting for the position of Quantitative Analyst on the Power Markets team, an outstanding opportunity for individuals seeking an exciting, high-growth work environment in one of the most important industries of the 21st century.
The Quantitative Analyst will be responsible for developing algorithms, predictive models, and optimization methods to support Arevon’s energy storage portfolio. This position will collaborate with other teams throughout Arevon to develop and understand development and operating assumptions for both new investment opportunities, as well as current assets.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
· Builds out and maintains performance reports and analyses of operational assets
· Translate quantitative research and analysis into actionable insights, prepare visualizations and present findings internally and externally
· Develops machine learning, optimization, and other modeling solutions
· Works with big data and distributed computing platforms
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned
· 1+ years of experience in data analysis and modeling.
· Programming skills with at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, R)
· Experience with SQL and predictive modeling/ ML tools
· Proficient in concepts of mathematical programming and modeling practices
· Ability to handle and analysis large-scale unstructured data
· Strong ability to display craft skill and technical skill to transform complex business problems into structured quantitative models.
· Master’s degree in Applied Math, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Economics or equivalent.
If you feel your background and experience meets the job requirements above, we'd love to hear from you. Please complete the easy form application or follow the link below: