Primergy Solar, LLC is a developer, owner and operator focused on utility scale solar PV and battery storage projects in North America. Primergy Solar features a diverse and talented team with decades of experience in renewables project development, financing, construction and operations. It is currently managing and progressing a significant portfolio of operational and development stage solar+ battery storage projects. Primergy Solar is a portfolio company of Quinbrook Infrastructure Partners and represents Quinbrook’s principal solar and solar plus energy storage investment platform in North America.
Primergy is growing our small, experienced team to manage the growth in our business. We offer a fun, entrepreneurial culture, competitive compensation, and the opportunity to work with an experienced, achievement-oriented team.
Role and responsibilities
This position will play an integral role in Primergy’s significant growth by supporting the company’s strategic development and decision-making process. The successful candidate will have experience in, and a fulsome understanding of, the US energy industry. Core competency in strategic planning, stakeholder management, executive communication, energy infrastructure development, nodal and regulated markets, and quantifying market risks will be requirements of the role. The ability to effectively communicate complex ideas, and the ability and enthusiasm to drive projects forward are successful attributes of any candidate.
- Develop, implement and facilitate a successful strategic planning process to guide Primergy’s continued portfolio development.
- Develop, implement and manage a regional demand forecast for renewable resources. Conduct market research, competitive analysis, and demand forecasting.
- Construct Primergy’s Power 2X (co-location of generation with load) strategy and provide guidance to P2X focused developers on their active and prospective projects.
- Implement a go-to-market strategy to determine where Primergy should develop or acquire projects in order to deploy successful P2X commercial arrangements and support customer engagement.
- Work closely with Interconnection, Origination, Legal, Policy, Development, Operations, and Project Finance teams to vet and enact said strategy and tactics.
- Manage Primergy’s ISO/RTO regulatory coverage and outlook. Coordinate feedback to various stakeholders, including development, origination and valuation teams.
- Lead the effort to quantify the impact of fundamental energy, capacity and REC forecast changes on the Primergy pipeline and explain the drivers underlying the changes.
- Quantify market demand signals and incorporate into the strategic planning process.
- Perform SWOT analysis, scenario planning, and balanced scorecards.
- Support new technology evaluation, specifically highlighting markets where new technologies would be a solution.
- Perform ad hoc nodal, market, and regulatory construct analysis.
- 5% - Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6+ years of relevant energy experience, preferably Renewables.
- 3+ years strategic planning experience within the energy sector.
- Unparalleled honesty and integrity.
- A demonstrated ability to think critically, analyze complex problems, and formulate innovative strategies.
- Comfortable with large datasets and quantitative analysis.
- Proficiency in using strategic planning software and tools.
- Commercial mindset, strong prioritization, communication, and organizational skills are required.
- Strong understanding of industry trends, competitive dynamics, and market forces affecting the organization.
- Proficiency in data analysis tools and techniques to inform strategic decision-making.
- Highly energetic and results-driven with a teamwork attitude.
- Ability to quickly step into new tasks and adapt to unique circumstances in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to successfully operate in a remote-first/geographically dispersed organization is a plus.
Primergy is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture. We recognize that underrepresented groups such as women and BIPOC may be less likely to apply to a role if they don’t meet 100% of the listed qualifications. We encourage you to apply if you meet some of the qualifications and if this role is aligned with your career aspirations and interests.
Primergy Solar is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.