Role and responsibilities
The Commercial Strategy Analyst will play an integral role in Primergy’s significant growth by supporting the Development team’s strategic decision making. The successful candidate will have intellectual interest in the energy industry, specifically in North American renewable energy infrastructure development, experience using the Microsoft 365 platform, the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas, and the ability and enthusiasm to drive projects forward.
· Maintain financial models to support both acquisitions and energy offtake proposals.
· Maintain responsibility for the accuracy and correct incorporation of relevant inputs to such models.
· Gather and prepare model inputs by coordinating closely with the renewable development teams or third-party developers.
· Identify main project economic and financial risks and advise on the appropriate mitigation factors and definition of appropriate contingencies.
· Propose and implement relevant sensitivity analysis.
· Support contract negotiations and project acquisitions by providing quantitative and qualitative research and support.
· Develop, analyze, evaluate, and recommend commercial offtake options and proposals as they relate to a business development project.
· Ability to communicate and sync cross-functionally, including with the Development, M&A, Origination, Transmission, Legal, Project Finance, Engineering, Procurement, Construction team members as well as third party consultants.
· Identify, propose, and implement creative or alternative project commercialization approaches that reduce merchant exposure, optimize return, or drive additional project value.
· Collect competitive information, perform benchmarking analysis.
· Provide market intelligence feedback to the M&A team to inform on development and acquisition strategies.
· Highly energetic and results-driven with a teamwork attitude.
· 5% - Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Requires a Bachelor degree in Finance, Business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Up to 2 years of relevant renewable energy development and valuation experience.
· Prior solar and energy storage experience is preferred but not required.
· Experience using Microsoft Excel and various functions within the platform.
· Prior experience with financial models, specifically power generation and tax equity, a plus.
· Unparalleled honesty and integrity.
· Willingness to learn and assist in the development of, commercialization of, and financing of renewable energy projects is required.
· Interest in developing an understanding of the US and Canadian power markets and Regulatory regimes.
· Commercial mindset, strong prioritization, communication, and organizational skills are required.
· Interest in developing an understanding of utility-scale renewable power generation development.
· Ability to quickly step into new tasks and adapt to unique circumstances in a dynamic environment.
· Willingness to work in a team-oriented atmosphere across multiple business functions online and in person.
· Successfully operate in a geographically dispersed organization is a plus.
· Willingness to work extended hours, when necessary.
Primergy is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture. We recognize that underrepresented groups such as women and BIPOC may be less likely to apply to a role if they don’t meet 100% of the listed qualifications. We encourage you to apply if you meet some of the qualifications and if this role is aligned with your career aspirations and interests.
Primergy Solar is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.