Role and responsibilitiesThe Project Development Manager will be responsible for the development of solar, solar + storage and energy storage projects through project management, contract negotiation, and transaction support across a pipeline of projects targeting wholesale power markets in the US and Canada. The Project Development Manager will report to the Senior Director of Development and will be a member of the Development team. The successful candidate will have at least two years of experience in the energy industry, specifically in North America energy infrastructure development, the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas, and the ability and enthusiasm to drive projects forward.
· Development of utility-scale solar power generation facilities within the United States and Canadian markets.
· Manage all aspects of solar and solar+energy storage project development from initial greenfield or acquisition efforts through to the start of construction.
· Support and conduct due diligence on development-stage project and portfolio acquisitions, including comparison and prioritization of multiple opportunities based on risks, schedules, valuations, investment criteria, and other project metrics.
· Ability to communicate and sync cross-functionally, including off-take M&A, Origination, Transmission, Legal, Project Finance, Engineering, Procurement, and Construction team members regularly to minimize project risks.
· Identify, propose, and implement creative or alternative project development approaches that reduce exposure to permitting risks, optimize development schedules or drive additional project value.
· Manage and administer development services agreements with local or regional development partners.
· Work with finance department during financial feasibility analysis, evaluation, and during the project debt and tax equity financing processes.
· Manage project budgets, objectives, schedules, and deliverables for assigned development projects.
· Travel to site locations to meet with landowners and evaluate sites.
· Negotiate tax abatements, land use agreements, mitigation settlements, and various other agreements.
· Engage community, local, state, and federal institutions for project support.
· Manage contractors, vendors, and consultants to maintain project timeline, value optimization, and budget.
· Secure permits and ensure and environmental compliance throughout the development, construction, and operation of projects.
· Coordinate and provide input to project interconnection requests, load-flow and congestion studies, and other necessary aspects of securing project transmission.
· Provide market intelligence feedback to the M&A team to inform on the development and acquisition strategies.
· Highly energetic and results-driven with a teamwork attitude.
· 5% - Other duties as assigned.
· Approximately 30% travel required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 5+ years of relevant renewable energy development experience.
· Experience with and understanding of project development.
· Solar development and energy storage development experience is preferred.
· Experience developing in WECC a plus.
· Honesty and integrity.
· Resourceful and accomplished research skills ‐ ability to effectively utilize publicly available materials.
· Ability to succinctly communicate and summarize complex issues into actionable deliverables.
· Driven, resourceful and comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment.
· Rigorous attention to detail, work ethic, personal responsibility, work product ownership, and organizational skills
· Requires intimate knowledge of the power and renewable energy market dynamics. Preference for renewable experience in U.S. competitive wholesale electricity markets.
· Requires the ability to stay current with changing technologies, regulations, and trends influencing the continued adoption of renewable energy.
· Commercial mindset, strong prioritization, communication, and organizational skills are required.
· Ability to quickly step into new tasks and adapt to new circumstances in a dynamic environment.
· Willingness to work extended hours, when necessary
At Primergy we are committed to providing and maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards. To better safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the broader community, we have implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All new hires must be fully vaccinated by their hire date. Proof of vaccination will be required prior to start. Consistent with applicable law, reasonable accommodation will be considered in response to requests.
Primergy is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture. We recognize that underrepresented groups such as women and BIPOC may be less likely to apply to a role if they don’t meet 100% of the listed qualifications. We encourage you to apply if you meet some of the qualifications and if this role is aligned with your career aspirations and interests.
Primergy Solar is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.