Primergy Solar, LLC is a developer, owner and operator focused on both distributed and utility scale solar PV and battery storage projects in North America. Primergy Solar features a diverse and talented team with decades of experience in renewables project development, financing, construction and operations. It is currently managing and progressing a significant portfolio of operational and development stage solar+ battery storage projects. Primergy Solar is a portfolio company of Infrastructure Partners and represents principal solar and solar plus energy storage investment platform in North America.
Primergy is growing our small, experienced team to manage the significant growth in our business. We offer a fun, entrepreneurial culture, competitive compensation, and the opportunity to work with an experienced, achievement-oriented team.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Commercial Strategy Manager will play an integral role in Primergy's significant growth by supporting the Development team's strategic decision making. The successful candidate will have experience and interest in the energy industry, specifically in N. America energy infrastructure development, previous modeling experience, the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas, and the ability and enthusiasm to drive projects forward.
- Maintain financial models to support both acquisitions and energy offtake proposals.
- Maintain responsibility for the accuracy and correct incorporation of relevant inputs to such models.
- Gather and prepare model inputs by coordinating closely with the renewable development teams or third-party developers.
- Identify main project economic and financial risks and advise on the appropriate mitigation factors and definition of appropriate contingencies.
- Propose and implement relevant sensitivity analysis.
- Support contract negotiations and project acquisitions by providing quantitative and qualitative research and support.
- Develop, analyze, evaluate and recommend commercial offtake options and proposals as they relate to a business development project.
- Ability to communicate and sync cross-functionally, including with the Development, M&A, Origination, Transmission, Legal, Project Finance, Engineering, Procurement, Construction team members as well as third party consultants.
- Identify, propose and implement creative or alternative project commercialization approaches that reduce merchant exposure, optimize return or drive additional project value.
- Collect competitive information, preform benchmarking analysis
- Provide market intelligence feedback to the M&A team to inform on the development and acquisition strategies.
- Highly energetic and results-driven with a teamwork attitude.
- 5% - Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Requires a degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years experience building financial models (specifically power generation and tax equity)
- 5+ years of relevant experience with renewable energy development
- Experience with, and understanding of, renewable project development.
- Experience with the development of, commercialization of, or financing of renewable energy projects is required.
- Solar development and energy storage development experience is preferred.
- Unparalleled honesty and integrity.
- Interest and understanding of US and Canadian power markets and Regulatory regimes.
- Commercial mindset, strong prioritization, communication, and organizational skills are required.
- Interest and knowledge of utility-scale renewable power generation development.
- Ability to quickly step into new tasks and adapt to unique circumstances in a dynamic environment.
- Successfully operate in a geographically dispersed organization is a plus.
- Willingness to work extended hours, when necessary.
At Primergy we are committed to providing and maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards. To better safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the broader community, we have implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All new hires must be fully vaccinated by their hire date. Proof of vaccination will be required prior to start. Consistent with applicable law, reasonable accommodation will be considered in response to requests.
Primergy is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture. We recognize that underrepresented groups such as women and BIPOC may be less likely to apply to a role if they don’t meet 100% of the listed qualifications. We encourage you to apply if you meet some of the qualifications and if this role is aligned with your career aspirations and interests.
Primergy Solar is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.