Primergy Solar, LLC is a developer, owner and operator focused on both distributed and utility scale solar PV and battery storage projects in North America. Primergy Solar features a diverse and talented team with decades of experience in renewables project development, financing, construction and operations. It is currently managing and progressing a significant portfolio of operational and development stage solar+ battery storage projects. Primergy Solar is a portfolio company of Quinbrook Infrastructure Partners and represents Quinbrook’s principal solar and solar plus energy storage investment platform in North America.
Primergy is growing our small, experienced team to manage the significant growth in our business. We offer a fun, entrepreneurial culture, competitive compensation, and the opportunity to work with an experienced, achievement-oriented team.
Role and Responsibilities
The Manager of Origination and Power Marketing will be responsible for marketing Primergy’s solar and solar + storage projects to various customers and being a vital part of the team in conducting due diligence during the acquisition of projects and development assets. The successful candidate will be responsible for successfully supporting the negotiations of agreements for various off-take structures, including PPAs, virtual PPAs, and alternative off-take arrangements, as well as be responsible for coordinating with management on projects, energy products, pricing, and risk management. Responsibilities also include understanding market rules, providing strategic direction, and analyzing competitive issues. Experience in originating, pricing, analyzing, structuring, and negotiating solar and solar plus energy storage off-take agreements is strongly preferred. A range of contacts and relationships with IOU, Coops, Munis, Public Power, CCAs, Corporate, and IPP energy off-take parties is preferred. The job holder will be expected to know and understand all regional RTOs/ISOs, and other regulatory entities in the US market, as well as to represent the Company in local, regional and national markets and industry forums.
- Support Primergy’s origination and power marketing strategy to secure renewable energy sales to achieve Primergy’s overall goals.
- Provide market intelligence feedback, market assessments, and off-take strategies to M&A and Development teams to inform Primergy’s acquisition strategies.
- Identify, build and initiate bilateral contract relationships and negotiations with potential off-takers.
- Review and evaluate requests for bids (RFPs/RFIs) and work with the team to respond with proposals, pricing, term sheets, issues lists, and redlined definitive documents sufficient to engage the end-user and start the negotiation process.
- Either support or lead the negotiation of definitive documents with off-takers, including PPAs, virtual PPAs, and other energy product agreements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with business leaders and executives among Primergy’s identified key customers.
- Lead, inspire, and empower highly energetic and results-driven teammates.
- Other duties as assigned
- Approximately 30% travel required
Education and Experience requirements
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing/Sales, Engineering, or similar discipline. A graduate degree is preferred.
- 4-6 years of experience in US power finance, trading, origination, sales & marketing, or comparable experience is required. Solar development and power marketing experience are preferred.
- Previous experience working in a commercial negotiation environment with excellent customer-focused, commercial management, negotiation, and influencing skills, is required.
- Working from a base other than Oakland, CA is a possibility for the right candidate
- Honesty, transparency and integrity.
- Requires strong knowledge of the power and renewable energy market dynamics. Preference for solar experience in US competitive wholesale electricity markets as well as vertically integrated markets.
- Experience either supporting or leading the negotiation of power and/or renewable energy deals is required.
- Requires the ability to stay current with changing technologies, regulations, and trends influencing the continued adoption of renewable energy.
- Skills and knowledge with a combination of renewable energy technologies are required.
- Commercial mindset, strong prioritization, communication, and organizational skills are required.
- Extensive knowledge of the full-cycle of utility-scale renewable power generation development and marketing.
- Solid understanding of economic drivers within our business.
- Ability to quickly step into new tasks and adapt to unique circumstances in a dynamic environment.
- Successfully operating in a geographically dispersed organization is a plus.
- Strong personal relationships and reputation in the power and/or renewable energy industry. Willingness to work extended hours, when necessary
Primergy Solar is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.