JaxCareConnect is an innovative initiative designed to efficiently connect uninsured neighbors in Duval County to primary care options through a network of free and charitable clinics. Patient Health Advocates are integral to the success of JaxCareConnect and are the first point of contact for clients seeking to be connected to a medical home. Patient Health Advocates will work individually with each patient to guide them through the eligibility process, examine and help overcome barriers to achieving optimal health, aid with public health applications they may qualify for, and provide ongoing support along their healthcare journey.
JaxCareConnect is seeking to expand our team with a part-time Patient Health Advocate (20 hours per week). The Patient Health Advocate (PHA) will report to the JaxCareConnect Administrator. PHAs will be co-located within partner clinics, hospitals, and the main office on a rotating basis to assist consumers with the central intake system and for the support of patients needing assistance accessing primary care for their healthcare needs. A successful PHA will build working relationships with safety net clinic staff, solve access problems, and support patients in navigating the health clinic system. The PHA helps patients understand their rights and responsibilities concerning the medical care delivered within the safety net clinics. The PHA will also meet one-on-one, as needed, with patients to verify current eligibility for services, evaluate current insurability options, and provide social determinants of health screenings. The PHA will assist patients in accessing social services needed to improve their health outcomes.
This is a non-exempt position and may require some non-traditional work hours i.e., evening and weekend shifts.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Reports to the JaxCareConnect Administrator.
Meet with staff within the Collaborative to review patient eligibility, schedule appointments for new patients, and address patient’s needs.
Meet with patients to explain eligibility, most appropriate primary care options, and assess barriers such as transportation, childcare, etc. by utilizing a standardized social determinants of health assessment tool.
Evaluate patients’ qualifications for insurance, including UF Health – City Contract, Medicaid, and Affordable Care Act Insurance Plans, and support patients through the application process i.e., required documents.
Assist patients in completing applications for patient assistance programs of major pharmaceutical companies.
Based on self-sufficiency assessment, evaluate barriers to improving access to healthcare, medication compliance, etc. and referrals to appropriate social services
Skills and Qualifications:
· College degree (Associates or above) or equivalent work experience.
· Experience with patient advocacy in the health care industry preferred.
· Experience with UF Health City Contract and Medicaid applications preferred.
· Experience with case management, following up on referrals and managing multiple clients at a time.
· Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills required.
· Electronic Medical Records experience is a plus.
· Experience as Affordable Care Act Navigator a plus.
· Excellent written and verbal customer service skills.
· Capability to maintain and respect confidentiality and HIPAA guidelines.
· Ability to work independently and on a team.
· Organizational, decision-making, and problem-solving abilities.
· Reliable personal transportation and home office with high-speed internet required.
· Must live within or at a commutable distance to Duval County, FL. Although PHA may partially work from home, this is NOT a remote position and local travel is required.
· Ability to work some evening and weekend shifts.
JaxCareConnect, a program of the Duval Safety Net Collaborative, is hosted by We Care Jacksonville, Inc. (WeCareJax), as its comprehensive fiscal agent. WeCareJax is therefore the employer of record for this position. WeCareJax is committed to equal-employment principles and to maintaining a respectful, courteous work environment free of unlawful discrimination and harassment, and we are committed to taking all reasonable steps to prevent it and address it. We will not tolerate harassment relating to any characteristic protected under applicable law by any worksite employee, contractor, vendor, customer, or visitor. Protected characteristics include age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.