Longevity Health is growing rapidly and is looking to add new talent to our team. Longevity Health Plan currently has operations in Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Ohio, Texas, and Pennsylvania with plans to start-up operations in other states in the very near future. Due to our rapid growth, we have an immediate need for a Senior Accounting Manager.
General Purpose: The individual holding this position is required to support and demonstrate their commitment to the Longevity Health Statement of Purpose, which is: To improve the health and quality of life of nursing home residents by caring for their unique medical, social and emotional needs.
The Senior Accounting Manager is responsible for managing, arranging and delivery of accurate and timely reporting for financial results of Longevity, its departments and business activities. This position supports Longevity goals and initiatives by being service oriented relative to the financial needs of all departments while assuring that all transactions adhere to company policies and procedures, generally accepted accounting principles, plus relevant regulatory and authoritative guidance. The accounting function is executed by internal and outsourced accounting teams. This position oversees both parties to achieve above mentioned goals.
The Senior Accounting Manager will work directly with the Corporate Controller and interact regularly with each senior executive, market leader and department head. This position is responsible for a wide variety of tasks, including general accounting associated with the monthly, quarterly, and year-end closings, and financial reporting of results and analysis. This individual will exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical principles and must be able to demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and rapidly changing environment.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage the internal and outsourced accounting teams during the monthly accounting close process to ensure the accuracy and timely reporting of the Company’s financials in accordance with US GAAP, regulatory guidelines and Company policy and procedures.
- Entities covered in these responsibilities include the holding companies, the health plan, ISNP entities, the IPAs as established, Clinical PLLCs, the MSOs and other entities as added to the Longevity organization structure.
- Manage the internal and outsourced accounting teams during the quarterly and annual regulatory filings of financial reports process to ensure the accuracy and timely reporting in accordance with statutory accounting principles and NAIC/State DOI regulatory guidelines.
- Manage, prepare, or oversee, documentation and workpapers to efficiently and accurately accrue Risk Adjustment Factors (RAF), Incurred but Not Reported (IBNR), and related (including CMS Part D pharmacy) accruals related to Medicare Part D pharmaceutical performance.
- Review financial records and statements as necessary including account reconciliations and journal entries to ensure the financial statements are accurate.
- Review and distribute the monthly internal financial review packages including the normalized financial statements to each market and executive team.
- Review the calculations related to shared saving bonus, APK bonus or any other provider bonus and oversee the distribution of the payments.
- Assist in preparation and review the quarterly plan board financial statements.
- Assist with the Corporate Controller to respond any federal and state audit and inquiries.
- Coordinate with the Regulatory department to ensure Longevity meets all statutory reporting requirements and deadlines.
- Maintain a tracker of all federal and state review comments to ensure no repeat of the same issues.
- Oversee stop-loss premium payment and claim submission to stop-loss carrier to ensure timely and complete claim data submission. Track and review claim refund.
- Maintain and utilize monthly detailed close checklists to track the closing progress and document review sign-off.
- Direct all aspects of payroll through outsourced payroll, deploying adequate controls assuring compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Oversee various accounting and treasury functions including cash management, and cash forecasting. Recommend appropriate cash movements between entities for smooth operations and identify early capital needs to coordinate with investors regarding time and amount of capital investments.
- Manage bi- weekly cash tracking and forecasting, plus 13-week and 39-week cash forecasting and coordination including tracking investment and stat deposit liquidity and maturities.
- Back up and support outsourced Accounts Payable using Bill.com to manage to vendor details, invoice tracking, approval, and disbursements.
- Assure that all expense and expenditure coding processes are in place and adhered to in order to generate accurate financial reporting.
- Monitor monthly allocation process for invoicing from MSOs to their contracted counterparts (e.g., health plan/ISNPs and IPAs)
- Manage ad-hoc reporting for executive management.
- Manage budget uploading process to ensure budget upload is correct and timely.
- Evaluate the performance of internal accounting staff and outsourced accounting partner and provide directly feedback including areas for improvement and necessary changes. Coordinate with outsourced accounting partners regarding the need to train, mentor, and evaluate performance of their term members to ensure quality of service and technical expertise.
- Plan and manage all audit activities including independent financial auditors, regulatory agencies, and CMS. Act as main contact for all auditors as it relates to financial reporting and satisfaction of US GAAP compliance, statutory requirements, and governmental regulations.
- Maintain and improve upon current outsourced accounting relationships, infrastructure, and procedures to scale with business growth, including documentation of policies and procedures.
- Mentor the in-house accounting staff to develop their skills and knowledge.
- Constantly evaluate and assure that adequate internal controls are in place to avoid any “material weaknesses” and allow reliability on financial reporting.
- Develop and maintain and complete set of Policies and Procedures adequate for ongoing and uninterrupted operation of accounting and reporting function.
- Assist with special projects including acquisitions, debt offerings, and other special transactions.
- Design and implement workflow enhancements, automation, and data sharing across the organization for optimal efficiency.
- Track execution of tax return preparation by external vendors of appropriate filings for all entities on a timely basis utilizing appropriate extensions as permitted by the Federal and State/Local tax authorities.
- Oversee tax payments to ensure the payment is processed timely and accurately. Draft response to federal and state tax authority.
- Assist the Corporate Controller in the CMS bid submissions.
- Manage and perform special projects and implementations as directed by management.
- Establish process for regular (no less than annual) identification of material risks of a financial and operational nature – and clear communication to CFO and senior management team. Coordinate with Internal Audit function if and when established.
- Monitor and adhere to all Compliance requirements as well as company policy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- CPA or CMA is required.
Education and Training:
- B.A/B.S. in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years accounting, auditing, and management experience, including previous experience in health care payor organization.
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred.
- Familiarity with statutory accounting principles and NAIC reporting.
- Ability to lead projects across organization, which require influence and implementation across functional teams and partner organizations.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google suite. Experience with Intacct or similar financial management software preferred.
- Ability to execute multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Leadership skills, persistence, high energy, initiative, and creativity - with a proven ability to manage significant initiatives across organizations and across geographies.
- Hands-on approach, with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all areas and levels.
- Proactive, assertive, and creative approach to problem solving.
- Team-oriented & flexible, able to work closely with all levels of management.
- Experience in the Skilled Nursing Facility sector.
- Experience in Managed Care and in particular Medicare Advantage.
Founded in 2018, Longevity Health started as an Institutional Special Needs Plan (ISNP), a type of Medicare Advantage health plan that addresses significant unmet needs of long-term institutionalized members who reside in nursing homes. Through rapid growth from 2018 to 2022, we expanded our market footprint and currently offer ISNP Medicare Advantage plans in Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, and North Carolina.
In 2023, we expanded our service offerings to the broader health plan market. In addition to our existing markets where we are both the ISNP and the care management team, we are now partnering with National Carriers on their offered ISNP plans in Ohio, Pennsylvania, upstate New York, Georgia, South Carolina, and Texas, with implementations in progress for several other additional US states. This allows us to utilize our core skills of supporting clinical post-acute needs of this vulnerable senior population Currently 13 markets and expanding rapidly.
Longevity Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
It is the policy of Longevity Health to follow Federal and / or State regulations surrounding COVID vaccinations. While CMS guidelines have been relaxed, there are some LHP facilities which will still require staff be vaccinated in an effort to protect the health of the members / patients we serve. If your assigned location(s) require all staff to be fully vaccinated, you are required to obtain and / or provide documentation related to your COVID vaccination. To confirm whether your assigned location(s) require COVID vaccinations, please refer to the Facility Guide Job Aid located on Longevity Health Plan’s intranet site.
The Company will engage in an interactive process with individuals who cannot be vaccinated for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be made. While an exemption/accommodation may be initially granted, if at any time during employment, it is determined that an exemption/accommodation that has been granted is no longer considered a reasonable accommodation, it can result in employment with the Company ending.
Candidates must meet the Company’s hiring criteria which include a pre-employment background and drug screening.
Longevity Health offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, and 401(k).
Submission of false information during the application process may result in immediate termination of employment without notice.