Longevity Health is growing rapidly and is looking to add new talent to our team. Longevity Health currently has operations in Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Texas, with plans to start-up operations in other states in the very near future. Due to our rapid growth, we have an immediate need for a Staff Accountant.
General Purpose: The individual holding this position is required to support and demonstrate their commitment to the Longevity Health Statement of Purpose, which is: To improve the health and quality of life of nursing home residents by caring for their unique medical, social and emotional needs.
The Staff Accountant position is responsible for contributing to a variety of accounting functions. The Staff Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager and work with the other accounting team members to support the fulfillments of Accounting Department’s responsibilities. From time to time, the Junior Accountant might need to interact with the Corporate Controller, Chief Financial Officer, Longevity employees/contractors, outsourced accounting partners, and Longevity vendors. Entities covered in these responsibilities include the holding companies, the health plans, the IPAs as established, the MSOs and other entities as added to the Longevity organization structure.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Assist the Accounting Manager to perform the day-to-day responsibilities which includes, but not limited to,
Support the Payroll functions:
- Process payrolls timely and accurately.
- Compile quarterly time allocation information and share to the outsourced accounting partner.
- Analyze payroll allocation from general ledger to ensure the accuracy of payroll allocation.
- Respond to employee’s inquiries related to payroll.
Support the Financial Reporting functions:
- Provide requested information from the outsourced accounting partners during the month-end close.
- Request, maintain and organize all workpapers from outsourced accounting partners to Longevity’s shared drive.
- Prepare monthly department expense report based on the financial statements provided by the outsourced accounting partners.
- Perform account/expense analysis to ensure the reasonableness and accuracy in terms of amount and entity allocation.
Support the Employee Expense Reimbursement functions:
- Administrate the expense reimbursement system such as set up users, maintain expense accounts, and provide user supports.
- Review and process employee reimbursement requests.
- Provide expense reimbursement reports to the outsourced accounting partners.
- Run and analyze expense reports as requested by management or departments.
Back up and support outsourced Accounts Payable using Bill.com to:
- Provide requested information or forms.
- Provide guidance on coding and expense allocation.
- Coordinate with the outsourced accounting partners to prepare annual 1099 forms and review such forms.
Support the cash management and treasury functions:
- Monitor bank account balances and perform internal company transfer as needed.
- Process tax related payments on federal/state government site as needed.
- Process wire/ACH payments as needed.
- Set up bank accounts for newly formed entities.
- Resolve any payment exceptions on banking portal identified by positive pay.
- Support the annual audit and tax preparation:
- Assist Accounting Manager to prepare supporting documents for external auditors.
- Gather financial data and legal documents for tax preparer.
Licensure: Not Applicable
Education and Training:
- B.A/B.S. in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 2-3 years accounting experience.
- Must have solid accounting knowledge and be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and rapidly changing environments.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google suite. Experience with Intacct or similar financial reporting/management software preferred.
Founded in 2018, Longevity Health started as an Institutional Special Needs Plan (ISNP), a type of Medicare Advantage health plan that addresses significant unmet needs of long-term institutionalized members who reside in nursing homes. Through rapid growth from 2018 to 2022, we expanded our market footprint and currently offer ISNP Medicare Advantage plans in Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, and North Carolina.
In 2023, we expanded our service offerings to the broader health plan market. In addition to our existing markets where we are both the ISNP and the care management team, we are now partnering with National Carriers on their offered ISNP plans in Ohio, Pennsylvania, upstate New York, Georgia, South Carolina, and Texas, with implementations in progress for several other additional US states. This allows us to utilize our core skills of supporting clinical post-acute needs of this vulnerable senior population Currently 13 markets and expanding rapidly.
Longevity Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
It is the policy of Longevity Health to follow Federal and / or State regulations surrounding COVID vaccinations. While CMS guidelines have been relaxed, there are some LHP facilities which will still require staff be vaccinated in an effort to protect the health of the members / patients we serve. If your assigned location(s) require all staff to be fully vaccinated, you are required to obtain and / or provide documentation related to your COVID vaccination. To confirm whether your assigned location(s) require COVID vaccinations, please refer to the Facility Guide Job Aid located on Longevity Health Plan’s intranet site.
The Company will engage in an interactive process with individuals who cannot be vaccinated for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be made. While an exemption/accommodation may be initially granted, if at any time during employment, it is determined that an exemption/accommodation that has been granted is no longer considered a reasonable accommodation, it can result in employment with the Company ending.
Candidates must meet the Company’s hiring criteria which include a pre-employment background and drug screening.
Longevity Health offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, and 401(k).
Submission of false information during the application process may result in immediate termination of employment without notice.