SteelWave is a leading vertically integrated real estate investment manager, owner and operator, with a comprehensive portfolio of commercial assets in the western United States. As investors and operators with a long-standing presence in our core markets—Northern California, Southern California, Denver, and Seattle —SteelWave has been providing high-quality properties to tenants and brokers, and solid returns to investors, for over four decades. Since 1973, SteelWave has acquired and developed 379 real estate assets at a cost of $9B. We currently have 11.3 million SF of assets under management valued in excess of $2.4B.
The Property Administrator (PA) will report directly to the Senior Property Manager for Property Management in the Bay Area. The primary responsibilities of the position will be to assist the Senior Property Manager and Assistant Property Manager in the management, maintenance and operation of a 623,599 SF Commercial project located in Sunnyvale, California. The property is currently occupied by six (6) tenants who will require the utmost attention to maintaining the highest possible level of customer service to sustain and increase occupancy. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with previous assistant property management and/or administration experience.
This is a non-exempt position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Primary responsibility for all customer service and tenant relations, including first point of contact for tenant requests, coordinating all service calls and follow-up of same and create tenant memos/notices. Management of on-site management office, including phones, office services and managing all visitors to the project. Assists with managing on-site staff (Day Porter and Security Team).
- Primary responsibility for maintaining insurance certificates, maintenance and procedure logs, A/R and A/P, monitoring vendors’ activities and schedules, security systems and building controls system. Maintenance of electronic and hard copy files and special projects as needed.
- Assist with the management and maintenance of the asset, ensuring the income is maximized, expenses controlled, and the value of the asset is maintained by sustaining occupancy through the highest level of service to the tenants.
- Assist with the marketing efforts of the project team members to ensure timely leasing and optimum levels of renewals of existing tenants.
- Regularly assist in the inspection of asset to ensure the property is maintained at an optimum level, and safeguard the security and protection of all tenants and visitors.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
Requirements & Qualifications:
Bachelor degree and 2+ years of relevant work experience in commercial real estate preferred. Must be fluent in Word and Excel. Familiarity in accounting software programs helpful (Yardi platform currently used). Real Estate license a plus. The candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, extremely organized and superior skills in tenant relations & customer service. Ability to multi-task and run a fast-paced office. Other essential capabilities include commitment to meet deadlines, integrity, work ethic & leadership qualities.
- Good organization skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong time management skills
- Good customer service skills
This candidate will assist with the supervision the onsite staff such as campus facilities technician/day porter/security team/parking permit attendants and valet team as well as contractors and vendors performing work on the asset.
Ability to travel up to 5% of time by car within the Bay Area.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to CRTs and UV rays. Working extended hours may be required as needed. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.