SteelWave, Inc. (formerly named Legacy Partners Commercial, Inc.) is a leading vertically integrated real estate investment manager, owner and operator, with a comprehensive portfolio of commercial assets in the western United States. As investors and operators with a long-standing presence in our core markets—Northern California, Southern California, Denver and Seattle—SteelWave has been providing high-quality properties to tenants and brokers, and solid returns to investors, for over four decades. Since 1973, SteelWave has acquired and developed over 400 real estate assets at a cost of over $9B. We currently manage a 14 million+ SF portfolio valued in excess of over $3B.
The Assistant Property Manager (APM) will report directly to a Property Manager for Property Management in the Orange County and San Diego region. The primary responsibilities of the position are to assist the Property Manager in the management, maintenance, and operation of the commercial real estate projects located in Orange County and San Diego. Our tenants require the utmost attention to maintaining the highest possible level of customer service to sustain and increase occupancy. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who wants to continue the development of his or her career in commercial real estate. Candidates must have previous commercial property management experience. The APM will be located at the OCSD Regional Office in Costa Mesa, CA.
- Primary responsibility is to deliver excellent customer service and tenant relations as a first point of contact for tenany requests and coordination of service calls and follow-up of same. May include as needed office management duties for on-site property management office/regional office, including phones, office services and managing visitors to the project.
- Primarily responsible for preparing lease abstracts, maintaining insurance certificates, A/R and A/P, monitoring vendors' activities, and security systems and controls. Maintenance of electronic and hard copy files.
- Assist with the management and maintenance of office product, ensuring the income is maximized, expenses controlled, and the value of the asset is maintained by sustaining occupancy through the highest level of service to the tenants.
- Assist with the marketing efforts of the project team members to ensure timely leasing and optimum levels of renewals of existing tenants.
- Regularly assist in the inspection of asset to ensure the property is maintained at an optimum level and safeguard the security and protection of all tenants and visitors.
- Assist Property Manager with budgets, operating expense reconciliations and operating reports
- Occasional overtime may be required.
Requirements & Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of relevant work experience in commercial real estate preferred. Must be fluent in Word and Excel. Familiarity in accounting software programs helpful (Yardi and Kardin platform currently used). Real Estate license is required. The candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, and superior skills in tenant relations & customer service. Other essential capabilities include commitment to meet deadlines, integrity, work ethic & leadership qualities. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good organization skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Computer competency
- Good customer service skills
- Works well with others.
This candidate will assist with the supervision the onsite staff such as property administrators/building engineers/security /parking as well as other contractors and vendors performing work on assets.
Travel: Ability to travel as needed by car within the Orange County Area and San Diego. Some limited travel outside the Area by using air and ground transportation may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Property Administrator to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the Property Administrator is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The Property Administrator is frequently required to talk or hear. The Property Administrator is occasionally required to stand and walk. The Property Administrator is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to CRTs and UV rays. Working extended hours may be required as needed. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.