Job Description - Senior Desktop Support Specialist
SteelWave is a privately held full-service creative life science, creative office, and industrial real estate management firm. We create spaces focused on elevated and exceptional user experiences. Through unparalleled design and thoughtful execution, we spark creativity and invigorate collaboration.
SteelWave and its predecessor companies, Legacy Partners Commercial and Lincoln Property West, have been active in commercial real estate for 50 years. We are a vertically integrated real estate company, believing that an “all-hands-on deck” team approach to managing real estate assets is superior to an allocator’s model of outsourcing to third-party service providers.
The Desktop Support Engineer works with every employee at the company. This role often sets a new employee’s first impression of the IT team at SteelWave. A Desktop Support Engineer is primarily responsible for end user support for computers, VOIP phone system, network user setup, printers, Xerox Multifunction devices, and supporting equipment in a Microsoft Windows environment. A secondary responsibility is to provide support for our video conference systems.
You are known for
- Your love working with people and being a strong active listener.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Take ownership of the issue, and see it through to its conclusion.
- People like being around you because you care.
- Set up and configure PCs, printers, peripherals, and networking equipment in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve computer and telephony related issues by providing primarily remote support with occasional on-site support.
- Maintaining software applications, operating systems, and printer maintenance.
- Maintain computer setup documentation.
- Partnering with managed service support on the administration of servers related network infrastructure to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment, take ownership of the issue, and see it through to its conclusion.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
- Experience providing remote and hands on technical support.
- Excellent PC and Windows troubleshooting skills.
- Strong skills and understanding of Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
- Solid understanding of Active Directory and AD Architecture.
- Solid skills and understanding of other common business applications.
- Good understanding of network topology and configuration at the desktop level.
- Solid PC hardware, software, and Windows operating system knowledge.
- Experience with Microsoft Intune a plus.
- Experience with the Cisco-Meraki portal and products a plus.
- Other essential capabilities include solid organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a small business environment.
3 years working in a windows support
Supervisory Responsibilities: This candidate will not have direct supervisory responsibilities of SteelWave personnel. The candidate will be required to successfully supervise consultants and vendors.
Travel: Some travel may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 50 pounds. Rarely kneel/crawl, climb (ladders, scaffolds, or other). The vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to CRTs and UV rays. Working extended hours may be required as needed. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.