SteelWave is a privately held full-service creative life science, creative office and industrial real estate management, operating company, and investment management firm. We create spaces focused on elevated and exceptional user experiences achieved through unparalleled design and detailed execution that conjure creativity, flexibility and invigorate collaboration. We’ve built a reputation for successful execution by sourcing sound investments in our 7 key markets: Northern California, Southern California, Denver, Seattle, Portland, Texas, and Phoenix. As a vertically integrated leader in the industry, we source, entitle, design, finance, develop, renovate, lease, manage and sell real estate investments on behalf of many well-known institutional clients. Since its inception, the SteelWave team has acquired, developed, or managed 61.3M SF of industrial product and 38.45M SF of office product across our Western United States target markets at a combined cost of over $11.8 billion.
- Direct and oversee portfolio accounting operations for multiple commercial properties.
- Review and understand relevant documents including but not limited to, loan documents, tenant leases, development agreements, venture agreements, other contracts and agreements.
- Establish, monitor and enforce comprehensive internal controls, maintain or establish policies and procedures as needed.
- Manage the preparation of various monthly and annual financial reports for clients.
- Ensure that financial reports comply with GAAP and established accounting standards and procedures.
- Execute monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables (journal entries, reconcile balance sheet accounts including bank reconciliations, reports) in compliance with GAAP.
- Maintenance of GAAP and Tax overlays on top of accrual set of books including posting required journal entries.
- Oversee partner’s capital contribution and distributions and other financial schedules.
- Responsible for the monthly/quarterly lender reporting packages (compliance requirements and financial reporting).
- Manage the Capital Call/Construction Loan Draw packages and funding request.
- Help oversee external audits of client accounting books as required or bank mandates and maintain due diligence ready records.
- Preparation of annual budget and operating expense calculations.
- Coordinate and review quarterly and annual CAM reconciliations.
- Analyze title closing statements and develop acquisition, disposition, and refinance workbooks.
- Knowledgeable in Construction/Development management.
- Adhere to Steelwave’s Vision, Culture and Commitment statement
- Assist with various projects and duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications
· Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred.
· 5+ years relevant experience in real estate property management accounting preferred.
· Multi-entity experience required.
· Experience with preparation of CAM reconciliations for commercial real estate project.
· Experience with financial statement variance analysis with narratives.
· Ability to work in a dynamic, changing environment and effectively interact verbally & in writing with functional department.
· Excellent analytical, organizational, and people skills.
· Experience with Yardi, MRI accounting software preferred.
· Foundational knowledge in Microsoft Excel & Word.
· Must be hands-on, detail-oriented and possess the ability to look beyond the box.
- Must be able to multi-task and pick-up tasks quickly.
· Ability to work independently and proactive planning are needed to succeed in this position.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
This is an exempt position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to lift, up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to CRTs and UV rays. Working extended hours may be required as needed. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.