SteelWave is a privately held full-service creative life science, creative office and industrial real estate management, operating company, and investment management firm. We create spaces focused on elevated and exceptional user experiences achieved through unparalleled design and detailed execution that conjure creativity, flexibility and invigorate collaboration. We’ve built a reputation for successful execution by sourcing sound investments in our 7 key markets: Northern California, Southern California, Denver, Seattle, Portland, Texas, and Phoenix. As a vertically integrated leader in the industry, we source, entitle, design, finance, develop, renovate, lease, manage and sell real estate investments on behalf of many well-known institutional clients. Since its inception, the SteelWave team has acquired, developed, or managed 61.3M SF of industrial product and 38.45M SF of office product across our Western United States target markets at a combined cost of over $11.8 billion.
The Assistant Property Manager (APM) will report directly to the Property Manager and Senior PM for Property Management in the San Jose location. The primary responsibilities of the position will be to assist the Property Manager/Sr. Property Manager in the management, maintenance, and operation of a 600K+ square foot commercial office building located in City of San Jose, CA. The property is currently occupied by 28 tenants who will require the utmost attention to maintaining the highest possible level of customer service to sustain and increase occupancy. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with previous assistant property management and/or administration experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Primary responsibility for all customer service and tenant relations, including first point of contact for tenant requests & coordinating all service calls and follow-up of same. Management of on-site management office, including phones, office services and managing all visitors to the building.
· Primary responsibility for preparing lease abstracts and vendor contracts/PO’s, maintaining insurance certificate database, A/R and A/P, monitoring vendors’ activities, and security systems and controls.
· Assist with the management and maintenance of 600K square feet of office product, ensuring the income is maximized, expenses controlled, and the value of the asset is maintained by sustaining occupancy through the highest level of service to the tenants.
· Regularly assist in the inspection of asset to ensure the property is maintained at an optimum level and safeguard the security and protection of all tenants and visitors.
· Assist in the timely completion of accurate budgets, monthly/quarterly variance reports, CAM reconciliations, and other related financial tools implemented by owner, investors and/or lenders.
· Assist with the marketing efforts of the building team members to ensure timely leasing and optimum levels of renewals of existing tenants.
· Assist with facilitating, monitoring, and overseeing all capital improvements at the property. Regularly inspect the asset to ensure theproperty is maintained at an optimum level and safeguard the security and protection of all tenants and visitors.
Requirements & Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree preferred, and 2-4+ years of relevant work experience in commercial real estate required. Must be fluent in Word, Excel, and have familiarity in accounting software programs (Yardi/Nexus/MRI platforms currently used). Knowledge in commercial office and leasing experience a plus. The candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, and superior skills in tenant relations & customer service, and be familiar with budgeting/financial reporting. Other essential capabilities include commitment to meet deadlines, integrity, work ethic & leadership qualities.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This candidate will assist with the supervision of the onsite staff such as building engineer/security/parking as well as contractors and vendors performing work on the asset.
Travel: Ability to travel up to 5% of time by car within the Bay Area. Some limited travel outside the area by using air/or ground transportation may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to CRTs and UV rays. Working extended hours may be required as needed. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Note to Recruiters and placement agencies, please don’t contact this job poster. Eligible candidates please apply to this job posting directly.