SteelWave is a privately held full-service creative life science, creative office and industrial real estate management, operating company, and investment management firm. We create spaces focused on elevated and exceptional user experiences achieved through unparalleled design and detailed execution that conjure creativity, flexibility and invigorate collaboration. We’ve built a reputation for successful execution by sourcing sound investments in our 7 key markets: Northern California, Southern California, Denver, Seattle, Portland, Texas, and Phoenix. As a vertically integrated leader in the industry, we source, entitle, design, finance, develop, renovate, lease, manage and sell real estate investments on behalf of many well-known institutional clients. Since its inception, the SteelWave team has acquired, developed, or managed 61.3M SF of industrial product and 38.45M SF of office product across our Western United States target markets at a combined cost of over $11.8 billion.
- Support the Accounting team with concentration in accounts receivable functions.
- Perform and manage day-to-day accounting for assigned properties. Review posted daily cash receipts. Review invoices for proper coding. Reconcile cash accounts.
· Ensure the sub-ledgers reconcile to the general ledger monthly.
· Assist in the preparation of bank reconciliation.
- Execute monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables (journal entries, reconcile AR related balance sheet accounts).
- Assist in printing & compiling monthly/quarterly financial statements.
- Work with Managers in gathering supporting documents for the loan draws.
- Data entry of CAM reconciliations and tenant estimates in the system.
- Handle the tenant billing process including miscellaneous charges, utilities, move-out, tenant adjustments and rent roll.
- Handle the A/R helpdesk flow.
- Monitor tenant AR account details for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities, and assist the Property Manager in identifying collection issues. Assist property managers in researching tenant issues.
- Handle special projects from the Controller/Manager & Accountants.
Requirements and Qualifications
- At minimum, an Associate degree in Accounting, Bookkeeping, Finance, or similar field. Bachelor’s degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience can be substituted.
- 1-2+ years of relevant, hands-on accounting experience.
- Proficient to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, including Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrates an ability to manage a variety of priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Experience with Yardi, MRI accounting software preferred.
- Must be hands-on, detail-oriented and possess the ability to look beyond the box.
- Ability to work independently and proactive planning are needed to succeed in this position.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This is a non-exempt position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to lift, up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to CRTs and UV rays. Working extended hours may be required as needed. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Recruiters and placement agencies, please don’t contact this job poster. Eligible candidates please apply to this job posting directly.