SteelWave is a privately held full-service creative life science, creative office and industrial real estate management, operating company and investment management firm. We create spaces focused on elevated and exceptional user experiences achieved through unparalleled design and detailed execution that conjure creativity, flexibility and invigorate collaboration. We’ve built a reputation for successful execution by sourcing sound investments in our 7 key markets: Northern California, Southern California, Denver, Seattle, Portland, Texas and Phoenix. Since 1973, SteelWave has acquired, developed or managed 6,000 multifamily units, 61.3M SF of industrial product and 38.45M SF of office product across our Western United States target markets at a combined cost of over $11.8 billion.
The Transaction Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Marketing and Transaction Services. The primary responsibilities of the position will be to manage the deal team on all acquisitions and dispositions in numerous regions and transition them to the management team. In addition, assist with Companywide marketing projects.
This is an Exempt Position
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Manage and assist with all acquisition, dispositions, and debt processes and activities.
- Liaison between attorneys, financial partners, brokers, lenders, consultants, and team members for the coordination/sharing of documents and meeting preparation.
- Participate in team meetings, conference calls, as required, including preparation of meeting agendas.
- Responsible for transaction coordination; including key dates, earnest money deposits, closing dates, etc.; in addition to managing the inventory and e-file due diligence transaction documents, ensuring all electronic files on the network are accurate and updated.
- Manage project budget preparation based on Consultants’ proposals and historical costs.
- Manage and coordinate the comprehensive underwriting process, as directed, and other analyses on new and existing assets.
- Manage the production of all necessary reports and presentation materials as deemed necessary for Investment Committee Approval, including the financial analysis, market/comparable analysis, business plan write-up, development timeline and path of entitlement.
- Assist with local agency and community outreach activities and the preparation of presentation materials.
- Prepare consultant agreements for signature and circulate for execution. Secure insurance certificates, compliance documents, and maintain logs.
- Receive, e-file, track, cost code and process all invoices after verifying accuracy & budget adherence.
- Perform administrative and supportive tasks as needed.
- Assist with companywide marketing projects including SteelWave specific marketing projects or project specific branding.
- Assist with broker incentive programs including our annual Over the Peak event, invitee list, etc.
- Organize broker events throughout the year for all regions, including gift bags.
Requirement & Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree required, and 3+ years of relevant work experience ideal. We are looking for a proactive “team player” who is detailed and organized with the desire to work in a fast-paced environment. The ability to multitask and to prioritize assignments to meet deadlines is a must. Strong communication skills are required to interact with attorneys, financial partners, brokers, lenders, consultants, and team members. No prior experience is required, but an interest in business and/or the real estate field is a plus. Must be fluent in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, & PowerPoint, DocuSign, and Yardi. Must have considerable initiative and commitment to push for results in a fast-paced environment; and must possess strong work ethic and excellent oral and written communication abilities.
No supervisory responsibilities required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to CRTs and UV rays. Working extended hours may be required as needed. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Note to Recruiters and placement agencies, please don’t contact this job poster. Eligible candidates please apply to this job posting directly