We believe in the power and importance of infrastructure. Every few decades a major inflection point in the world’s infrastructure progresses humanity forward. Vanderbilt and the railroads, Edison and the electrical grid, Eisenhower and the highways and now; Airspace Link’s low altitude digital infrastructure.
Job Summary: Enable safe and secure innovation while achieving maximum benefit from IT investment. This role owns our proactive security posture and all connected systems (both hardware and software), including development and implementation of technologies, service management, IT security, and maintenance of ISO certification(s). This role is part of the employee support mechanism at our company and thus it is imperative that the role moves at the speed of our business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and continually advance the security posture of our systems and endpoints
- Ensure endpoint security and vulnerability management using progressive technologies, IT standards, and best practices
- Own or audit all software administration ensuring maintenance of VPNs, servers, and applications, including Esri software, SharePoint, and other commonly used office productivity tools
- Automate mobile device management
- Provide helpdesk to a team of 50-75 geographically distributed employees working on both Mac and Windows endpoints
- Act as ISMS (Information Security Management System) Manager, driving our ISO certification compliance efforts forward while implementing our system security configuration, to include access control, host and client access, document security, user onboarding and offboarding, etc.
- Maintain healthy audit schedule of internal processes by working with system owners to ensure systems are compliant with established measures and protocols
- Create deployment process automation and tooling to implement standards and boundaries in a way that empowers our development teams to help themselves for their infrastructure and deployment needs
- Monitor and harden system services
- Triage and resolve system infrastructure issues (including after-hours as needed)
- Serve as a liaison to Airspace Link’s outsourced IT firm by attending regular meetings and coordinating internal affairs to support security of business systems, availability of technology for new hires, and general IT administration
- Maintaining information security within their area of the organization
Qualification and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in IT or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of applied professional experience configuring and maintaining Mac and Windows operating systems including endpoint management solutions like InTune, Addigy, & Jamf
- 5+ years of similar or related experience in infrastructure administration. (Business systems, hardware and networking services, software, software development methodologies, workflows)
- Experience using tools such as Terraform, Git, Chef, Puppet, and/or Jenkins is a plus
- Ability to script automation tools using one or more of Bash, PowerShell, Ruby, Python, etc. is preferred
- Able to deploy, maintain, and manage systems in Azure cloud infrastructures is preferred
- Experience with Azure Active Directory, SharePoint, Office 365, Teams
- Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts, data processing concepts
Travel Required: 0-5%
Position Type: Full-Time, 40 hours per week; may require off hours support
Location: Hybrid, 2-3 days per week onsite
Airspace Link is committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture, and investing in equity across our organization. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Employment offers for this role are contingent on a satisfactory completion of a background check