We believe in the power and importance of infrastructure. Every few decades a major inflection point in the world’s infrastructure progresses humanity forward. Vanderbilt and the railroads, Edison and the electrical grid, Eisenhower and the highways and now; Airspace Link’s low altitude digital infrastructure.
Airspace Link is a post-Series B high-growth data and softwarep based out of Detroit. Offering Hybrid and fully Remote work options, we are an award-winning company of 50+ team members that focus on creating a place where people of all different backgrounds and perspectives can thrive as engineers, data scientists, creative thinkers, and passionate innovators.
Our vision is to create a world where the safe integration of drones fuels human progress, advancing social equity, the environment, and the economy. Partnered with the FAA, we work with state and local governments and commercial operators to enable the safe integration of drones into the national airspace and communities at scale through digital infrastructure, strategic partnerships and thought leadership.
Job Summary: Lead the creation of platform, application, data and API products that enable the safe integration of diverse drone operations into the national airspace and communities.
At the highest level, this role is responsible for being part of the team that sets product vision and strategy. The job is to clearly articulate the business value to the team so each stakeholder understands the intent behind new features and existing product enhancements; ensuring product engineering has what they need to be a calm, deliberate, and concerted effort.
The Product Manager oversees the full product pipeline and feature life cycle in and across every stage and milestone. The candidate will coordinate all activities required to bring new capabilities to market. This involves collaborating between different contributors within the company and aligning key teams – namely marketing, sales, customer success, and engineering.
The Product Manager captures market signals and prioritizes features by ranking them against the strategic goals and initiatives. You must make difficult trade-off decisions based on objectives, strategy, constraints and the impact and value new features will deliver. You work closely with engineering on technical specifications and ensure teams have all the information needed to deliver a complete product to market.
Duties and Responsibilities
· -Work with company leadership to translate and capture market signals, customer feedback, service desk issues and known requirements into product feature pipeline and product roadmap
· - Manage product features through key lifecycle stages: signal capture, ideation, prototyping, design, development, testing, release and marketing
· - Support engineering team in version/release planning and execution to ship new impactful product features
· - Support product planning and coordination for all the channels/categories of business and/or key customers: key objectives, market analysis, revenue and profit strategy, profit, ROI
· -Own the ongoing process of improving key product usage metrics
· -Work with 3rd parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
· -Support Go-To-Market (GTM) activities and strategic customer engagements
· -Maintaining information security within their area of the organization
· -Other responsibilities as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
· -5+ years in similar capacity, with at least 3 years owning product in a SaaS company
· -UAS industry experience a must; geospatial knowledge a plus
· - Successful track record of working with software teams bridging gaps between Product and Engineering teams
· -Proven ability to define a product roadmap, vision and strategy
· -Aptitude towards learning complex subjects quickly and applying knowledge to collaboration & effective decisions
· -Technical competency – able to understand and participate in engineering decisions
· -Ability to analyze product data, evaluate the success of features, and provide key learnings
· -Excellent written and verbal communication skills at the technical and senior executive level
· -A positive self-starter with the ability to work collaboratively with broader teams
· -Experience with project management tools, such as Monday.com
· -Part 107 or another pilot’s license a plus
· -Bachelor’s or Master’s in Aviation, Computer Science, GIS, or related field
Travel Required: ~20%
Position Type: Full-Time, 40 hours per week
Location: Hybrid or Remote
Benefits & Perks: We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), gender neutral parental leave, generous time off, and much more. For more information, please check out www.airspacelink.com/careers
Background Check: Employment offers for this role are contingent on a satisfactory completion of a background check.
Airspace Link is committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture, and investing in equity across our organization. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.