About the Company
We believe in the power and importance of infrastructure. Every few decades a major inflection point in the world’s infrastructure progresses humanity forward. Vanderbilt and the railroads, Edison and the electrical grid, Eisenhower and the highways, and now Airspace Link’s low altitude digital infrastructure. As a high growth software and datap based out of Detroit, offering Hybrid and fully Remote work options, we focus on creating a place where people of all different backgrounds can thrive as engineers, data scientists, creative thinkers, and passionate innovators. Our vision is to create a world where the safe integration of drones fuels human progress, advancing social equity, the environment, and the economy.
Airspace Link Inc. is hiring a Product Designer to help design the tools used to assist with commercial drone logistics, beyond visual line of sight operations, and much more. Yes, the jetsonian-future is finally upon us and we need help creating the future of unmanned aerial vehicles!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- At many companies, product design is split into many different roles: UX, UI, front-end development, and so on. At Airspace Link, it’s all one role. We believe the best designs come from someone who can see it all through, from ideas to visuals to the finished product.
- This role will function as a generalist — excellent visual stylist, front-end developer, project manager, writer, and more. Our projects are design-led, so this person will have a lot of influence and impact right away.
- Work closely with engineering to ensure quality implementation, including the occasional GitHub comment
- Create flows, wireframes, illustrations, and prototypes in Figma to visually express your vision to the broader team
- Copywriting and participating in supporting marketing efforts with design collateral to support targeted campaigns.
- This role could include tasks such as designing the prompt flow for allowing users to archive or delete data, laying out a new chart to conceptualize time series data, building an interface to export the results of a bit of data analysis, etc.
- Collaborating with one other Product Designer and the overall Product team to ensure successful deliverables.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Design, or related field, or equivalent years of experience or related education
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working within Product Design
- Experience driving projects as a project manager
- Excellent copywriting experience
- Strong visual design background including great use of typography, layout, branding, and iconography
- Previous exposure to Esri products is a plus
- Knowledge of various IT ecosystems
- Experience with project management software, such as Monday.com
- A positive self-starter with the ability to work collaboratively with broader organization to deliver quality work and improve operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be ready to adapt to a changing greenfield industry and thrive in a rapidly evolving environment
- Part 107 or another pilot’s license a plus
Travel Required: None
Position Type: Full-Time, 40 hours per week
Location: Hybrid or Remote
Airspace Link is committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture, and investing in equity across our organization. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.