About The Company
We believe in the power and importance of infrastructure. Every few decades a major inflection point in the world’s infrastructure progresses humanity forward. Vanderbilt and the railroads, Edison and the electrical grid, Eisenhower and the highways and now; Airspace Link’s low altitude digital infrastructure.
Airspace Link is a post-Series B high-growth data and software startup based out of Detroit. Offering Hybrid and fully Remote work options, we are an award-winning company of 50+ team members that focus on creating a place where people of all different backgrounds and perspectives can thrive as engineers, data scientists, creative thinkers, and passionate innovators.
Our vision is to create a world where the safe integration of drones fuels human progress, advancing social equity, the environment, and the economy. Partnered with the FAA, we work with state and local governments and commercial operators to enable the safe integration of drones into the national airspace and communities at scale through digital infrastructure, strategic partnerships and thought leadership.
What's the Opportunity?
As a Python Developer, you will work with a team of highly skilled software developers, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) professionals, and data scientists to build large-scale processing pipelines that apply geospatial datasets and computing power towards complex applications in support of building a comprehensive data repository that enables governments and commercial clients to have the infrastructure to safely scale drones into the national airspace.
Here are some examples of the type of work you may expect:
- Architect new geospatial solutions to move the UAS industry forward
- Mentor geospatial analytics engineers and data analysts on software best practices
- Create solutions to tough algorithmic challenges
- Optimize a streaming/event driven backend to send data as close to real-time as possible
- Continental scale analytics to support drone route planning
What It Takes to Be Successful in the Role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field, or equivalent level of experience
- 5+ years of experience working on a production SaaS applications or APIs in the backend, using Python
- Experience working with large and diverse datasets (tabular, geospatial, vector, raster, point cloud)
- Strong knowledge of software design patterns and unit testing
- Steam processing and big-data computation experience in a cloud environment, with Databricks/Spark strongly preferred
- Exposure to Azure Functions, containerization on Kubernetes, serverless or microservice architectures
Remote (anywhere in US) or Hybrid (for MI residents)
Benefits & Perks:
Airspace Link offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), gender neutral parental leave, generous time off, and much more. For more information, please check out www.airspacelink.com/careers