About The Company
We believe in the power and importance of infrastructure. Every few decades a major inflection point in the world’s infrastructure progresses humanity forward. Vanderbilt and the railroads, Edison and the electrical grid, Eisenhower and the highways, and now Airspace Link’s low altitude digital infrastructure. As a high growth software and datap based out of Detroit, offering Hybrid and fully Remote work options, we focus on creating a place where people of all different backgrounds can thrive as engineers, data scientists, creative thinkers, and passionate innovators. Our vision is to create a world where the safe integration of drones fuels human progress, advancing social equity, the environment, and the economy.
What's the Opportunity?
Are you passionate about innovation? Do you like the idea of drones in the sky? Is technical writing your forte? If so, read on.
Reporting to the Proposal Manager, you will play a key role in Airspace Link’s ability to secure government funding and win complex UAS deals, by conducting secondary market research and writing technical documents that support grant and proposal process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research state and federal funding and contract opportunities, utilizing public and private databases
- Write technical language that supports RFPs, RFQs, SOQs, RFIs, and grant applications for new business pursuits at Airspace Link
- Conduct secondary market research to understand community needs and decipher whether there is opportunity for Airspace Link’s products to solve some of the problems
- Write executive summaries and pursuit materials that articulate our strategic messaging in a compelling and persuasive manner
- Capture, shape, and synthesize information to reflect a cohesive message, written in one voice
- Translate technical information and business jargon into clear, consistent, and grammatically correct content
- Contact and follow up leads with granting organizations and agencies in support of Business Development efforts
- Support the proposal process by assigning writing and proposal content development tasks, creating a schedule for the timing of deliverables, collaborating with internal stakeholders to ensure the timeliness of deliverables, and supporting the creation of the final proposal submission
- Provide editorial support to ensure the highest standard of presentation and proposal quality that demonstrate a high level of innovation and creativity
- Ensure quality, accuracy, and completeness of all submitted grants and proposals
Qualifications and Skills
- Undergraduate degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Public Administration, Aviation, or related field
- 3+ years of professional experience in technical writing
- Industry experience in UAS, GIS, or adjacent field, such as new mobility, robotics, aviation, autonomous transportation, or infrastructure a plus
- A finely tuned ability to sift through a discussion and previously established materials, extracting the most significant information and action items
- Demonstrated excellent written/oral communication skills, technical documentation skills, and personal interaction skills
- A quasi-journalistic ability to quickly grasp specialist knowledge and make it clear for external parties
- Agility and speed in executing strong writing
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to “get smart quick” on a wide variety of topics
- A positive self-starter with the ability to work collaboratively with a team in a rapidly evolving greenfield industry
- Experience with project management software, such as Monday.com preferred, but not required
- Advanced MS Office Suite Experience
- Part 107 or another pilot’s license is a plus
Travel Required: Up to 5%
Position Type: Full-Time, 40 hours per week
Location: Hybrid or Remote
Airspace Link is committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture, and investing in equity across our organization. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.