About the Company
We believe in the power and importance of infrastructure. Every few decades a major inflection point in the world’s infrastructure progresses humanity forward. Vanderbilt and the railroads, Edison and the electrical grid, Eisenhower and the highways, and now Airspace Link’s low altitude digital infrastructure.
As a high growth software and data startup of 50+ employees based out of Detroit, offering Hybrid and fully Remote work options, we focus on creating a place where people of all different backgrounds can thrive as engineers, data scientists, creative thinkers, and passionate innovators. Our vision is to create a world where the safe integration of drones fuels human progress, advancing social equity, the environment, and the economy. Let’s talk!
What’s the Opportunity?
As part of our exciting expansion plans, we are looking for a talented Frontend Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing Engineering team. Embedded as a member of one of our cross-functional engineering squads, you will be part of the day-to-day Agile development environment involved in all stages of design and implementation of components for Airspace Link’s web, mobile (PWA) and API products. We're looking for a creative, collaborative, highly motivated, and inquisitive learners to build great software with us. If you confidently write web applications using TypeScript, we'd love to talk with you!
What You’ll Do and the Impact You’ll Make
Your work matters and will be shipped to production the same day it’s completed. Of course, what’s a job posting without some bullet points? Here are a few examples of what your peers have worked on recently:
- Architectural contributions to our next generation Progressive Web Application (PWA)
- Hook into a WebSocket of real-time drone telemetry to render on top of a map layer
- Scaffold a new light-weight version of our platform for embedding in third-party websites
- Develop the UX/UI for our 2D (soon to be 3D) routing algorithm
- Fix a time zone bug where the UTC offset was inappropriately applied
- Render the area measurement for map-based sketches
We Expect You to Have
- 3+ years working with TypeScript strongly preferred
- Familiarity with CSS and CSS Preprocessors (Less, Sass, etc). Do you know “Flexbox” without having to Google?
- Ability to translate design specifications into beautiful and functional application components with precision
Nice to Have
- Production experience with GraphQL, WebSockets, and/or Progressive Web Applications (PWA)
- Exposure to containerization and code virtualization
- Knowledge of Azure/APIM
- Exposure to GIS systems such as Esri and PostGIS
- Passion for drones, maps, innovation, or aviation