About the Company
We believe in the power and importance of infrastructure. Every few decades a major inflection point in the world’s infrastructure progresses humanity forward. Vanderbilt and the railroads, Edison and the electrical grid, Eisenhower and the highways, and now Airspace Link’s low altitude digital infrastructure.
As a high growth software and data startup of 50+ employees based out of Detroit, we focus on creating a place where people of all different backgrounds can thrive as engineers, data scientists, creative thinkers, and passionate innovators. Our vision is to create a world where the safe integration of drones fuels human progress, advancing social equity, the environment, and the economy. Let’s talk!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, contribute to, and participate in innovation projects from research, ideation, incubation, to scale and production
- Develop new user-facing features/components
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code (without cutting visual corners).
- Optimizing components for maximum performance
- Own complex features from specification to production as assigned in project management software
- Collaborate with product and technology team members to avail scalable software
- Facilitate and contribute to knowledge transfer and aid in the growth and development of other engineers on the team
- Drive technical decisions in a principled manner. Arbitrate and make decisions that move the development and architecture forward
- Drive a culture of technical excellence and continuous improvement. Identify and introduce new technologies and patterns that elevate the platform
- Mentor and coach junior engineers in best coding practices
Qualifications and Skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent years to relevant experience or education
- 3+ years working with Typescript
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Ability to implement best practices and mentor junior engineers within the team
- An eagerness to learn and adapt to the needs of a greenfield industry
Position Type: Full-Time, 40 hours per week
Location: Remote or Hybrid
Airspace Link is committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture, and investing in equity across our organization. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Background Check: Employment offers for this role are contingent on a satisfactory completion of a background check.