About the Company
Airspace Link is the market leader in State & Local Government drone planning and management software, data exchange, and mapping, offering the most powerful geospatial cloud solutions available, connecting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and state/local government authorities to the UAS (drone) industry. Our vision is to create a world where the safe integration of drones fuels human progress, advancing social equity, the environment, and the economy.
Airspace Link is a venture backed, high-growth Midwest techp, with a strong leadership team, combining over 150 years of experience in geospatial technology. Partnered with the Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) and drone industry leaders, our AirHub™ technology is used by over 40 state and local agencies and rapidly expanding to the global market.
About our Culture
Headquartered in Detroit, we are a hybrid company with half of our workforce fully remote across different states. Fueled by the excitement of pioneering the drone industry, together we are active influencers in strategic discussion and value people who can take a stand, yet commit, even when they disagree. We work on systemic problems and avoid individual blame, remembering that we are here for the same purpose: to do good work together. Charging the trust battery is part of the work.
Health and wellness is in our company DNA. Embracing a hybrid work environment tailored to your preferences, we support a healthy work/life balance. Company outings, great food, wellness incentives, and a wondrous opportunity to grow both personally and professionally are awaiting you.
What's the Opportunity
Featured in Top Detroit startup and Tech Companies to Watch 2021, with 10 mil Series A under our belt, we're looking for top talent to join our mission - to enable the safe integration of drones into the national airspace and communities at scale through digital infrastructure, strategic partnerships, and thought leadership. You would be joining a group of passionate, diverse, well-rounded professionals in their respective fields, including data scientists, software engineers, aviation engineers, and industry experts fromp, corporate, and government sectors.
As part of our exciting expansion plans, we have multiple fantastic opportunities for Geospatial Solutions Engineers to join our rapidly growing data team. Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, you would be part of the team scripting complex analytical functions and services that leverage diverse geospatial data to generate insights and support Airspace Link products used by governments, businesses and pilots nationwide.
What You’ll Do and the Impact You’ll Make
Your work matters. Utilizing cutting technology, you will provide Airspace Link with solutions that will be used to build viable capabilities that scale, are performant and generate powerful insights. Here are a few examples of what your peers have worked on recently:
- Research and integrate new cloud and geo resources, technology and methods to extend and optimize the AirHub stack
- Prove out new technologies, tools, data services, and rapid solutions using a well-tuned geospatial platform and data framework which serves as the engine that supports frequent shipments of geospatial features, services and data
- Support the installation, configuration, and administration of full stack of geospatial technology, that includes web apps, web services, database
- Craft conceptual services and solutions that UAS stakeholders need to successfully leverage AirHub data and technology
We Expect You to Have
- 3+ years of experience applying GIS technology and data to solutions
- Strong working knowledge of geospatial tech, data, advanced models and geoprocessing services
- Experience implementing and supporting solutions in cloud environments
- Strong working knowledge of Python (ArcPy / GeoPandas / Jupyter Notebook)
- Experience with Esri’s ArcGIS Online / Enterprise and Desktop software
- Understanding of API concepts and exposure to Azure functions, database queries, serverless or microservice architectures preferred
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Geography, Data Analytics, Computer Science or related field OR equivalent level of experience
- Authorization to work in the United States (at this time we are unable to offer sponsorships)
Benefits & Perks at Airspace Link
- Competitive Salary
- Incentive Stock Options
- Three weeks Paid Time Off with additional sick days
- Great insurance coverage including medical, vision, dental and FSA
- Paid Parental Leave
- Fitness and wellness perks
- Ongoing education and development opportunities
How To Apply
Please apply directly on our website: https://app.trinethire.com/jobs/44954-geospatial-solutions-engineer. We appreciate a personable cover letter to accompany your application.