About the Company
Airspace Link is the market leader in State & Local Government drone planning and management software, data exchange, and mapping, offering the most powerful geospatial cloud solutions available, connecting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and state/local government authorities to the UAS (drone) industry. Our vision is to create a world where the safe integration of drones fuels human progress, advancing social equity, the environment, and the economy.
Airspace Link is a venture backed, high-growth Midwest techp, with a strong leadership team, combining over 150 years of experience in geospatial technology. Partnered with the Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) and drone industry leaders, our AirHub™ technology is used by over 40 state and local agencies and rapidly expanding to the global market.
About our Culture
Headquartered in Detroit, we are a hybrid company with half of our workforce fully remote across different states. Fueled by the excitement of pioneering the drone industry, together we are active influencers in strategic discussion and value people who can take a stand, yet commit, even when they disagree. We work on systemic problems and avoid individual blame, remembering that we are here for the same purpose: to do good work together. Charging the trust battery is part of the work.
Health and wellness is in our company DNA. Embracing a hybrid work environment tailored to your preferences, we support a healthy work/life balance. Company outings, great food, wellness incentives, and a wonderous opportunity to grow both personally and professionally are awaiting you.
What's the Opportunity
Featured in Top Detroit Startup and Tech Companies to Watch 2021, with 10 mil Series A under our belt, we're looking for top talent to join our mission - to enable the safe integration of drones into the national airspace and communities at scale through digital infrastructure, strategic partnerships, and thought leadership. You would be joining a group of passionate, diverse, well-rounded professionals in their respective fields, including data scientists, software engineers, aviation engineers, and industry experts from startup, corporate, and government sectors.
As part of our exciting expansion plans, we have multiple fantastic opportunities for Geospatial Analytics Engineers to join our rapidly growing data team. Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, you would be part of the team scripting complex analytical functions and services that leverage diverse geospatial data to generate insights and support Airspace Link products used by governments, businesses and pilots nationwide.
What You'll Do and the Impact You'll Make
Your work matters. Utilizing cutting edge data, you will provide Airspace Link with insights that will be used to build a viable function app that scales, is performant and generates powerful insights. Here are a few examples of what your peers have worked on recently:
- Worked with the data team and external points of contacts to qualify and quantify data to be used for specific analytical functions.
- Coordinated with data scientists to build data pipelines to support complex machine learning models.
- Utilized developer and server-based tools to author and/or publish new or derived data analytics and functions that can be used for sales engagements, one-off projects, or long-term integration into our product line.
- 1+/3+/5+ (depending on seniority) years of experience using scripts and code to manipulate, model and analyze large and diverse geo-datasets
We Expect You To Have
- Strong working knowledge of Python (ArcPy / GeoPandas / Jupyter Notebook)
- Esri’s ArcGIS suite experience
- Understanding of API concepts
- Exposure to Azure functions, database queries, serverless or microservice architectures preferred
- Industry experience in GIS, Geography, Aeronautical, Transportation, Bioscience, Planning or Defense or related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, Data Analytics, Computer Science or related field OR equivalent level of experience
- Authorization to work in the United States (at this time we are unable to offer sponsorships)
Benefits & Perks
- Salary Ranges: $55-$75k Early career; $75-85k: Mid-career; $85k+: Seasoned
- Incentive Stock Options
- Three weeks Paid Time Off with additional sick days
- Great insurance coverage including medical, vision, dental and FSA
- Paid Parental Leave
- Fitness and wellness perks
- Ongoing education and development opportunities
How to Apply
Please apply directly on our website: https://app.trinethire.com/companies/23596-airspace-link-inc/jobs/44947-geospatial-analytics-engineer. We appreciate a personable cover letter to accompany your application.
Airspace Link is committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.