What's the Opportunity?
Featured in Top Detroit Startup and Tech Companies to Watch 2021, with 10 mil Series A under our belt, we're looking for top talent to join our mission - to enable the safe integration of drones into the national airspace and communities at scale through digital infrastructure, strategic partnerships, and thought leadership. You would be joining a group of passionate, diverse, well-rounded professionals in their respective fields, including data scientists, software engineers, aviation engineers, and industry experts fromp, corporate, and government sectors.
As part of our exciting expansion plans, we have multiple fantastic opportunities for Frontend Developers to join our distributed Engineering team. Reporting to the CTO, you would be involved in all stages of design and implementation of user interface components for Airspace Link’s React-based web and mobile applications. This position can be onsite at our beautiful downtown Detroit office or Remote, for candidates outside of the area.
What You Will Do & The Impact You Will Make
Your work matters and will be shipped to production the same day it’s completed. Of course, what’s a job posting without some bullet points? Here are a few examples of what your peers have worked on recently:
- Scaffold a new light-weight version of our platform for embedding in third-party websites
- Develop new form validators to prevent pilots from operating at inappropriate hours
- Implement a popup to describe different map features on which the user has clicked
- Fix a time zone bug where the UTC offset was inappropriately applied
- Render the area measurement for map-based sketches
- Visualize where drone operations are occurring for closed organizations
We Expect You to Have
- Show an eagerness to learn and adapt to the needs of a greenfield industry
- 1+/3+/5+ (depending on seniority) years TypeScript experience working on a production SaaS application
- Familiarity with CSS and CSS Preprocessors (Less, Sass, etc). Do you know “Flexbox” without having to Google?
- Intermediate SQL capability. Exposure to PostgreSQL
- Ability to translate design specifications into beautiful and functional application components with precision
- Authorization to work in the United States; at this time we are unable to offer sponsorships
How to Apply
Please submit a Cover Letter along with your Resume.
Airspace Link is committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.