Business Development Director
We are looking for an ambitious and self-driven Business Development Director to join our team! As the Business Development Director at Airspace Link, you will be responsible for driving public and private sector sales for a region. This is crucial for our growth and success.
The Business Development Director is a crucial member of our team, who reports to the Vice President of Business Development, Sales & Marketing. Our ideal candidate will have knowledge and prior business development or sales experience in the Unmanned Aircraft Systems industry. In this position, you’ll be responsible for developing and executing sales and account plans, and contributing to the implementation of new ideas, processes, and procedures for the company, so we expect you to be a hardworking, a strong team player and innovative!
Airspace Link is headquartered out of Detroit, MI. We have an immediate need for a candidate to be located in the US to handle some of our top priority customers and also cultivate new relationships with public and private sector organizations.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective and we are eager to further diversify our company. Airspace Link is committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career.
We’ll be looking to you to secure contracts with new customers, manage ongoing contracts, develop and maintain account plans for private and public sector organizations. You’ll also write proposals for new and existing clients, identify and set sales goals for your region, and create plans to achieve goals. We’re looking to you to nurture existing clients, develop new opportunities, and contribute to the overall success of the company by developing a comprehensive sales strategy for your region. Primary responsibilities include the following:
· Growing revenue via prospecting, qualifying, selling and closing public and private sector accounts
· Meeting Quarterly & Annual Revenue Targets
· Managing prospective client relationships through all phases of the sales cycle
· Providing a consultative solutions sales process to prospects
· Conducting one-on-one and group sales presentations
· Calling on prospects to establish new opportunities
· Interacting with assigned Sales Development Representative to develop opportunities based on sales qualified leads
· Tracking customer information, forecasts and reports
· Developing and maintaining prospect and customer list based on strategic marketing data and other sources for sales leads
· Planning & Strategizing marketing activities with the Marketing and Channel teams for the end users and channels in the West Region
· RFPs & Proposals Management
· Contracting, working with Legal and Finance teams
· Perform other job-related duties as required
· Must have experience selling On-Demand, SaaS (Software as a Service) solution or subscription-based product to a diverse customer base of both public and private sector organizations
· Large account management or project management experience
· Proven track record for closing deals with large and mid-size companies in the unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) industry, including with UAS manufacturers, service suppliers, and operators
· Ability to adapt, overcome objections, and learn complex solutions
· Strong time management skills
· Create new business opportunities through in-depth conversations and relationship building
· Proven track record of growing business from an established client base
· Strong time management skills
· Consistent and documented track record for achieving monthly/quarterly/annual target metrics
· Strong oral and written communication skills are a must
· Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment with revenue deadlines
· Working knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Office and Salesforce.com
· Familiarity with one or more of the following: GIS, UAS, aviation, transportation and new mobility solutions, FAA, state & local government sales
· Minimum of five years’ experience
· Outstanding verbal and written skills and experience working with staff on all levels
· 50% Travel
Everyone at Airspace Link is here to do the best work of their career, so we work on systemic problems and try to avoid individual blame. We value people who can take a stand yet commit even when they disagree. We subject ideas to rigorous debate but we remember that we’re here for the same purpose: to do good work together. Charging the trust battery is part of the work.
About Our Pay & Benefits
We aim to be competitive but won’t be making any headlines. We offer a full health benefit package that is tiered depending on your tenure with Airspace Link. In other words, our benefits move from good, to better, to best.
We support a life well lived away from work. None of our benefits are about trapping people at the office or cajoling them into endless overtime. Just the opposite. We’re all about reasonable working hours, ample vacation time, fitness, wellness, and healthy living.
How to apply?
Please send an application tailored to this position that speaks to us. Introduce yourself as a colleague. Show us the future. We’d like to hear about some of the things you’ve been working on or are interested in.
We value good communication and solid writing is part of that. We hope to see a well-constructed cover letter along with your resume/CV.