About the Company
Airspace Link is the market leader in State & Local Government drone planning and management software, data exchange, and mapping offering the most powerful geospatial cloud solutions available, connecting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and state/local government authorities to the UAS (drone) industry. Our vision is to create a world where the safe integration of drones fuels human progress, advancing social equity, the environment, and the economy. Featured in Top Detroit Startup and Tech Companies to Watch 2021, with 10 mil Series A under our belt, we're looking for top talent to join our mission - to enable the safe integration of drones into the national airspace and communities at scale through digital infrastructure, strategic partnerships, and thought leadership.
What You’ll Do and the Impact You’ll Make
As part of our exciting expansion plans, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Director of Business Development to join our growing team. Reporting to the Vice President of Business Development, you would be responsible for driving private sector business development efforts, a crucial position for Airspace Link’s growth and success. This is a Remote opportunity, so applicants based anywhere in the United States will be considered.
Your work matters. You will play a key role in bringing Airspace Link's AirHub™ products and services to the market to enable companies to use drones for package deliveries, pipeline inspections, agriculture, and much more. Of course, what’s a job posting without some bullet points?
Here are a few examples of what we are working on in the Business Development team:
- Grow revenue and meet KPI’s via prospecting, qualifying, selling, and closing private sector accounts
- Develop and manage private sector client relationships through all phases of the sales cycle
- Work with Airspace Link’s tight-knit team to identify customer needs, requirements, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- Manage RFPs and grant applications
- Attend trade shows, partner and customer user meetings, and customer site visits as needed.
- Takes a hands-on approach to managing designated responsibilities to meet personal, team, and company goals and objectives
What We’d Love to See
- Experienced SaaS, On-Demand, or subscription-based team-player with refined interpersonal and communication skills
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS), GIS, aviation, transportation, or new mobility industry work experience
- A presence and network in the UAS industry
- Experience with CRM’s and Microsoft Office
- Preferred experience with managing full stages of the sales cycle
- Willingness to travel (up to 50%)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, or IT, or equivalent years of experience or education
- Authorization to work in the United States; at this time we do not offer sponsorships
Benefits & Perks at Airspace Link
- Competitive Salary, Commission, and Bonuses
- Incentive Stock Options
- Three weeks Paid Time Off plus paid Sick Days
- Great insurance coverage including medical, vision, dental, and FSA
- 401(k) match with immediate vesting
- Paid Parental Leave
- Ongoing education and development opportunities