Become a part of the Energize Ventures team to deliver excellent returns and contribute to our firm’s reputation as the premier energy and industrials technology venture investor. We are a small team with an entrepreneurial spirit, and this role requires flexibility, a diverse skill set, and an ability to perform at a high level on multiple fronts. We are looking for a driven, hardworking, and experienced professional to help scale our content marketing initiatives.
The Content Marketing Associate will report to the Head of Marketing & Communications. This individual will be responsible for developing and executing Energize’s content marketing strategy, including managing our social media channels, website, newsletter, blog and other thought leadership initiatives.
This is a full-time position located in Chicago. The intended start date for the role is Q1 2022.
In addition to your resume, please provide at least two writing samples using the “Attach another file” field in this application form.
- Develop and execute comprehensive content strategy while maintaining a consistent brand voice across digital communications channels.
- Own and manage all of Energize’s digital marketing channels, including company website, newsletter, blog, social media channels (LinkedIn, Twitter), video hosting site (Vimeo), and more.
- Write, edit and distribute content for Energize blog, website, social media posts, bylines and more.
- Work with subject matter experts within the Energize team to support content development goals, taking projects from initial concepting to distribution.
- Build and manage content calendar (blog, social media, email newsletters), including scheduling, publishing, distribution, tracking success and areas of improvement.
- Maintain a pulse on latest news, trends and developments affecting energy, sustainability and venture landscapes.
- Monitor and evaluate emerging marketing and communications tools and platforms; provide perspectives and recommendations on adoption when appropriate.
- Support Energize’s broader marketing and communications goals through development of written and visual content, working directly with agency partners.
- Maintain Energize website to ensure it is up-to-date and aligned to brand and SEO standards.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability simultaneously keep track of multiple projects, deadlines and projects.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience writing for publications (news media, blogs, ghost writing, etc.); experience writing about energy, sustainability and/or technology preferred.
- Demonstrated interest in the energy, critical infrastructure, climate resilience and mobility sectors. Excitement for emerging technologies and the venture capital ecosystem.
- Comfortable communicating with sophisticated audiences and explaining highly technical or complicated subjects.
- Well-versed in the energy and sustainability sector; ability to “speak the language” and cover a diverse range of topics, with a particular focus on emerging technology.
- Experience building a brand and audience on LinkedIn and Twitter and managing social media accounts.
- Current resident of or willing to relocate to Chicago for the position.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- 3 – 5 years experience in a content marketing, writing or related role.
- A degree in marketing, communications, journalism or similar field.
- Experience writing across a variety of mediums, such as news media/reporting, short- and long-form blog or thought leadership pieces, social media, etc.
Energize Ventures embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
We look forward to hearing from you!