About Energize Capital
Energize Capital is a leading climate software investor focused on scaling sustainable innovation. Founded in 2016 and based in Chicago, to date Energize has funded 26 companies and deployed more than $500 million through its venture capital and growth equity strategies. The firm manages more than $1.2 billion in assets and is backed by institutional, strategic and impact LPs including Invenergy, CDPQ, Credit Suisse, GE Vernova, Xcel Energy, Caterpillar, HASI and more.
Become a part of the Energize Capital team to contribute to our purpose of investing in leading climate software companies to generate top-tier returns and enable sustainable innovation at scale. We are a close-knit team with an entrepreneurial spirit, and this role requires flexibility, a diverse skill set, and an ability to perform at a high level on multiple fronts. We are looking for a driven, hardworking, and experienced professional to support and elevate our marketing and communications initiatives.
The Marketing & Content Manager will report to the Head of Marketing & Communications. This individual will be primarily responsible for developing and executing Energize’s content marketing strategy, spearheading thought leadership initiatives, and developing content for our website, newsletter, blog and social channels.
This is a full-time position located in Chicago.
- Own and manage all of Energize’s digital marketing channels, including company website, newsletter, blog, social media channels (LinkedIn, Twitter), video hosting site (Vimeo), and more.
- Work closely with Head of Marketing and Communications to develop, implement and track Energize's marketing and communications strategy – including media/PR, content, digital, and stakeholder communications – to support overall firm strategy and performance goals.
- Write, edit and distribute original content for Energize brand.
- Work with subject matter experts within the Energize team and broader climatetech ecosystem to support content development goals, taking projects from initial concepting to distribution.
- Develop and execute comprehensive content strategy while maintaining a consistent brand voice across digital communications channels.
- Collaborate with Energize partners to develop and write market commentary at intersection of climate, technology and private markets. Support Energize's annual and quarterly reporting processes.
- Manage Energize's graphic design function by serving as key point of contact for agency partners and service providers.
- Engage with Energize's portfolio of climate software companies, helping to amplify and support their key marketing initiatives.
- Build and manage content calendar, including scheduling, publishing, distribution, and tracking KPIs.
- Maintain a pulse on latest news, trends and developments affecting energy, sustainability and venture landscapes.
- Monitor and evaluate emerging marketing and communications tools and platforms; provide perspectives and recommendations on adoption when appropriate.
- Maintain Energize website to ensure it is up-to-date and aligned to brand and SEO standards.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated interest in the energy, sustainability and climate sectors. Excitement for emerging technologies and innovation.
- Comfortable communicating with sophisticated audiences and explaining highly technical or complicated subjects.
- Well-versed in the energy and sustainability and/or private markets investing sectors; ability to “speak the language” and cover a diverse range of topics, with a particular focus on emerging technology.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to simultaneously keep track of multiple projects, deadlines and projects.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience building a brand and audience on LinkedIn and Twitter and managing social media accounts.
- Experience writing for publications (news media, blogs, ghost writing, etc.); experience writing about energy, sustainability, technology, and/or capital markets preferred.
- Current resident of or willing to relocate to Chicago for the position.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in marketing, communications, or content.
- A degree in marketing, communications, journalism or similar field.
- Experience writing across a variety of mediums, such as news media/reporting, short- and long-form blog or thought leadership pieces, social media, etc.
Energize Capital is proud to offer employees a wide range of benefits to support personal well-being, growth, and professional development. Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and HSA from day one of employment
- 401k matching
- Generous paid time off in addition to 10 company holidays and a flexible winter holiday schedule
- Market-leading parental leave policy and family planning benefits
- Health club reimbursement
- Continuing education stipend
- Option to work remote Fridays
- Lunch provided on in-office days
Energize Capital embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
We look forward to hearing from you!