Waterleaf International an engineering, cybersecurity and science-based defense and networking contractor is seeking full time Director of Cybersecurity Operations.
Waterleaf hires, trains and promotes the best and brightest for upward mobility and the opportunity to grow and succeed. We offer excellent benefits (Medical/Dental/PTO/Tuition) and more.
Waterleaf offers a forward leaning culture – that means our focus and direction is on people, intellect, process and deliverables. Our people include employees, contractors, and customers all of whom have inherent value and contributions to not only our mission in defending our country but to the community we each live in.
We support professional and individual growth and provide dynamic, fascinating, and supportive work environments. Talk to us about the ability to have a great financial and personal gains in a thriving and vital environment.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Director of Cybersecurity Operations to learn and develop under the Executive Director of Cybersecurity. This position is responsible for the management of a team of cybersecurity experts. You will lead the creation and implementation of our growing SOC and share responsibilities for our SOAR and on-boarding teams. As the Director of Cybersecurity Operations, you will be at the forefront of security operations, possessing deep expertise in incident response and cybersecurity defense. Your leadership will drive the formulation and execution of cutting-edge strategies for network and system monitoring, preventative and detective controls, forensics, vulnerability management, and cyber threat intelligence. You will take charge of incident response plans, overseeing the response team during major security incidents. Collaboration with cross-functional teams, including sales, marketing, project management, and development, will be key. Further, building and nurturing relationships with external cybersecurity entities and regulatory agencies will be integral to success.
What You'll Do
· Manage SOC operations including personnel, policies, training, customer communications and integration elements.
· Manage customer onboarding for new and expanding customers working with the operations and onboarding teams.
· Manage, in close collaboration with the IT team, all facets of security for technology initiatives.
· Develop and maintain a secure operational environment for clients by contributing to the design of information security strategies, conducting security risk assessments, and deploying security solutions to enhance client security infrastructure.
· Craft actionable strategies for policy establishment, governance, system hardening, monitoring, incident response, disaster recovery, and emerging cybersecurity risks.
· Lead and coordinate technical response teams to swiftly contain and address cybersecurity incidents.
· Conduct root cause analysis and implement preventive measures to mitigate future security incidents.
· Stay abreast of the latest security trends, vulnerabilities, privacy regulations, and industry news, sharing findings with team members.
· Develop and maintain risk-based cybersecurity recommendations encompassing access controls, MFA, encryption, assetfication, change management, patch management, network segmentation, firewalls, detection technologies, insider threat protection, logging and network monitoring, and vulnerability management.
· Establish secure lifecycle processes and operations in alignment with risk, threat, and vulnerability assessments.
· Ensure vigilant monitoring of the threat landscape and adapt security technologies and procedures accordingly.
Who You Are
You are deeply passionate about information security and boast a versatile background in business, technology, and security. Your strong critical thinking and analytical skills set you apart. You also possess the following qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
· 8+ years of hands-on experience in IT, Data Center Operations & Network Security, encompassing architecture, operations, design, or development.
· 3 + years of managerial experience, leading compliance and/or security organizations.
· At least one relevant industry certification – CISSP, CISM, CISA, GSEC, or CEH (Required).
· Robust Information Security background, including expertise in information and cybersecurity assessment, risk analysis, privacy, data protection, regulatory frameworks, risk and security architecture, and demonstrated incident response leadership.
· Familiarity with cybersecurity frameworks like NIST, CMMC, or CIT.
· Proficiency in SIEM, Threat Intelligence Tools, and Security Orchestration and Automation.
· Understanding of SOAR functions, Features and Use cases
· Splunk basic certification(s).
· In-depth understanding of enterprise cybersecurity concerns and technologies, including but not limited to VPNs, network security, encryption, authentication, application-level network protocols, PKI, IPsec, Firewall, SSH, SSL, LAN/WAN, and TCP/IP.
· Experience working with network industry standard application servers, and network operating hardware and software.
· Experience with Active Directory, and other Identity providers required.
· Experience in SOC recruiting and management.
· Track record of conducting cybersecurity audits and/or vulnerability assessments.
· Knowledge of IT and cybersecurity governance protocols, information management, and current industry trends.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, coupled with a strong sense of personal integrity.
· Innovative thinking and leadership, coupled with the ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams.
Some attributes we value:
Our team is varied and lives throughout the US with HQ in SW FL and offices in Atlanta and MD/DC. We primarily work remote and do have lab, testing and staging areas as well.
We have highly competitive benefits with a package that includes paid time off, platinum health insurance, dental and vision coverage, maternity/paternity leave, 401K w/employer contribution, education, flex schedules and time shifting, support for your passion projects and opportunities for professional growth.
Job Type: Full-time (will consider contract employment but no recruiters)
Compensation: We pay for performance, capabilities and skills…we are SME’s and expect you to be as well.
Base Pay: $89,000.00 - $129,000.00 per year
Employee Stock Options (ESO)– we are a private company, and all employees get ESO’s.
What We Provide:
How to Apply:
Thank you for including us in your job search. Please submit your resume and a cover letter to let us know why you feel we are a good match. All applications are reviewed quickly because we respect your time. Please make note that due to potential Federal contract requirements, applicants must be US citizens.
Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Waterleaf has preferred agency relationships and does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs email address, our employees or mail to our office locations. Waterleaf is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Waterleaf is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we know that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results!