Job Summary: This position is responsible for providing support to the SCU healthcare systems. This position is involved in both the clinical and administrative areas including assisting providers with patient care and handling clerical, environmental, and organizational tasks. Provides information to patients so they may fully utilize and benefit from the clinical services. May be assigned to specific medical specialty department. Works closely clinicians in a team approach to patient care.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Education : High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED), or a community college course in medical assisting. Appropriate certificate indicating passing grade.
Experience: Minimum of three years of recent experience working in a medical facility.
Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Telephone and Customer Service Skills, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Scheduling, Word Processing, Professionalism, Quality Focus, Knowledge of medical terminology; lCD -10.
Previous experience with computerized billing systems, EMR, MS Word and Excel.
1. Knowledge of health care field and medical office protocols/procedures.
2. Knowledge of specific assisting tasks related to particular medical practice.
3. Knowledge of information that must be conveyed to patients and families.
1. Skill in performing medical assistance tasks appropriately.
2. Skill intact and diplomacy in interpersonal interactions.
3. Skill in understanding patient education needs by effectively sharing information with patients and families.
1. Ability to learn and retain information regarding patient care procedures.
2. Ability to project a pleasant and professional image.
3. Ability to plan, prioritize, and complete delegated tasks.
4. Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others
Equipment Operated: Standard medical examination room equipment and instruments. Using computer/health information management system.
Work Environment: Combination of exam rooms and medical offices. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Physical Requirements: Must possess the physical and mental abilities to perform the tasks normally associated with a Certified Medical Assistant such as standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Lifts and carries items weighing up to 10 lbs., occasionally lifts or moves up to 100 lbs. Requires correct vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stress in emergency situations and occasionally may involve irregular working hours.