The Desktop Tech will provide direct desktop support to senior management and contact center teams, function as a team lead on project tasks, provide level 2 support for business-critical applications and processes. This position encompasses the general lifecycle management of administrative computing technology. This management includes, but is not limited to, researching new technology, securing quotes and appropriately assisting in procurement processes, tracking and accountability of equipment, general support and maintenance of equipment, and adhering to specific guidelines for decommissioning and disposal of Desktop Services managed Technology.
Incumbent must assure that the Studio Enterprise philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment conducive to innovation, positive thinking, and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements:
1. Responsible for providing day-to-day equipment management and support and providing astute and professional end-user support to management
2. General Lifecycle management of Desktop Services, which is managing equipment and technology.
3. Ability to rely on experience and judgment to set and accomplish goals and perform a variety of complicated tasks while leading or directing the work of others.
4. Ability to support remote users, including remote desktop management tools and implementation.
5. Expected to provide tactical and strategic input on overall desktop-related projects; function as team leader for project tasks; provide level 1 support for business-critical applications or functions.
7. Must articulate situations and opportunities to IT Management, in both spoken and written form, that is believed to be beneficial to the overall Desktop process and procedural flows.
8. Must adhere to and execute documented Desktop policies, processes, and procedures.
9. Travel between regional locations will be required.
10. Other duties as assigned.
a) An Associate's or Bachelor's degree or technical institutes degree/certificate in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related technology field. Or two years of experience in a similar role.
b) Minimum 2 years field-related experience, with an emphasis in desktop operations and design.
c) Understanding of advanced desktop infrastructure, commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures.
d) Previous experience as a 2nd level analyst or team mentor.
a) Customer service orientation and strong verbal and written communication skills.
b) Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Products, current Windows and Apple operating systems, and prevalent mobile device operating systems.
c) Strong organization, prioritization, self-motivation, and problem resolution skills.
d) Experience managing relationships with vendors.
d) Knowledge of endpoint and security management systems (Altiris, SEP)
e) Robust verbal and written communication aptitude.
f) Familiarity with IP phone and Video Conferencing technology (Avaya, TEAMS)
a) Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and interact successfully with academic as well as business and regulatory personnel.
b) Ability to manage self while still keeping the manager informed of all progress.
c) Ability to analyze problems and recommend solutions.
d) Ability to confidently assert self and handle circumstances that call for defusing expedited user support situations.
e) Ability to recognize problems and develop solutions which may include the investigation and review of new hardware and software products.
f) Ability to lift monitors, desktops towers, printers, and incoming boxes of computers and various technology.