Come work for a growing Company that offers great benefits with opportunities to advance and learn alongside a group of passionate people. If you have the skills for this position and a passion for working with people experiencing homelessness, we would like to meet you!
Downtown Streets Team has been rated one of "Best Nonprofits to Work For" by The Nonprofit Times for three years (highest ranked non-profit in CA!). We strive to end homelessness by enabling un-housed individuals to restore their dignity and rebuild their lives. Our model was also recognized as one of only five Evidence Based Best Practices in California in 2018.
We’re looking for a full-time Case Manager to work with our Team Members on housing, employment and other self-sufficiency goals. You’ll be working directly with individuals experiencing homelessness, to navigate services and help them reduce the barriers to self-sufficiency through strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills, while managing priorities and workflow. This position also includes business outreach, recruitment and retention so if you have experience with any aspect of recruitment and business development, you could be a great fit.
The wellbeing of our employees is very important to us and we support a healthy work-life balance. The schedule is a regular Monday – Friday, with limited overtime. The job will primarily be performed in the field, with some office hours. Flexibility and local travel is required, dependent upon the needs of the Team Members and work related events such as business development, community events and staff meetings.
· High school diploma/GED and 2 years of related experience
· Ability to perform job duties with minimal supervision
· Demonstrate adaptability, commitment, collaboration and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
· Excellent listening comprehension, written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with Microsoft programs
· Valid driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle
· Proficiency in Spanish is a plus
· While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
· Sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and lifting (up to 25 lbs.)
· Using personal computer, keyboard, mouse and monitor
· Writing, reading, speaking in English
· Observation and problem solving; hearing, seeing, reasoning and decision making
· Basic mathematical calculations
This position is located in West Sacramento, California. Our West Sacramento Team works out of 500 Jefferson Blvd, West Sacramento with staff offices located in midtown Sacramento at 2231 J Street. Travel between office location and 500 Jefferson is required on a daily basis. A cubicle with access to wifi and printer/scanner is available at 500 Jefferson for use Monday-Friday between 8am-5pm
· Generous Salary
· Opportunities for growth
· Competitive benefits package including a 401k match of 6% after one year
· Flexible schedule
· Sabbatical after 5 years of employment
· Unique culture and passionate coworkers
· Additional compensation for Bilingual (Spanish) ability