Come work for a growing Company that offers great benefits with opportunities to advance and learn alongside a group of passionate people. If you have a passion for working with people experiencing homelessness, we would like to meet you!
Downtown Streets Team has been rated one of "Best Nonprofits to Work For" by The Nonprofit Times for three years, and the highest ranked non-profit in CA! We strive to end homelessness by enabling un-housed individuals to restore their dignity and rebuild their lives. Our model was also recognized as one of only five Evidence Based Best Practices in California in 2018.
We’re looking for an energetic and self-motivated full-time Driver to join our Downtown Streets Team, San Jose staff. The Driver will report directly to the San Jose Project Manager, and work closely with our Team Members. The Driver is responsible for transporting Team Members to and from project sites, patrolling and reporting for illegally dumped debris and the pick-up of collected debris from multiple San Jose locations using a truck and trailer. The Driver will be working directly with Team Members on outreach, team building and supporting the Downtown Streets Team Operations Staff with various logistic and transportation projects. Adaptability is important because priorities may change quickly in order to best support our Team Members and staff. The regular work schedule for this position is 8 hours per day, Monday – Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
· High school diploma/GED
· Ability to perform job duties with minimal supervision
· Demonstrated adaptability, commitment, collaboration and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
· Excellent listening comprehension, and verbal communication skills
· The existing ability to navigate San Jose in a vehicle
· Valid driver’s license and a clean DMV record
· While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
· Sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and lifting (up to 25 lbs.)
· Observation and problem solving; hearing, seeing, reasoning and decision making
· Basic mathematical calculations
The job is based out of our San Jose office, but this position will require driving throughout Santa Clara County.
· Competitive Salary
· Opportunities for growth
· Competitive benefits package including a 401k match of 6% after one year
· Flexible schedule
· Sabbatical after 5 years of employment
· Unique culture and passionate coworkers
· Additional compensation for Bilingual (Spanish) ability