Reporting to the Senior Marketing Director, the Marketing Coordinator works across the Museum’s development and membership business units driving insight and delivering analysis to monitor performance, support decision making and identify areas for optimization. The Marketing Coordinator will support the implementation and execution of the museum’s annual marketing and communications plan with the goal of strengthening our brand reputation, driving museum foot traffic, and supporting fundraising. Channels include email, direct mail, SMS, paid, and other tactics as needed.
The Marketing Coordinator will monitor campaign KPIs and revenue targets for membership, fundraising, and programs as well as how these campaigns drive earned revenue. Through robust A/B testing programs across all channels with an emphasis on continuous learning and rapid iteration, the Coordinator will collaborate with internal stakeholders to effectively engage and retain members, donors, and partners. Additionally, this role will maintain an inventory and directory of materials and coordinate new material creation as needed.
The ideal candidate will have proven work experience as a Marketing Coordinator or similar role, knowledge of traditional and digital marketing tools, expertise with SEO/SEM campaigns, and familiarity with CRM and CMS software. Photography and video skill sets are a plus.
This is an opportunity to work for a fun, innovative, mission-driven institution that offers a full-time, 32-hour work week, generous benefits, and is committed to its employees' professional growth and well-being.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates thoughtful, playful, and compelling content for marketing and advertising channels that supports membership that is closely aligned with our brand identity, mission, and positioning.
- Draft and sources content for campaigns, appeals, and underwriting decks to equip development staff with tools needed for philanthropic outreach.
- Oversees the museums’ email communications platform with the purpose of streamlining data integration, maintaining message consistency across campaigns, and identifying the most effective use of audiences for email segmentation.
- Manages and organizes our photo library and streamlines the photo collection process with consideration to how various departments utilize photos and video assets.
- Supports relationship management with key community partners and stakeholders such as Macerich/Santa Monica Place, Santa Monica Travel & Tourism, and the Pier Corporation by keeping them regularly informed on museum activities and opportunities.
- Supports relationship management of corporate partners as assigned.
- Researches and analyzes members' behavior (e.g., purchasing habits, trends and preferences)
- Develops and executes the marketing strategy to drive event revenue through auctions for the museum’s annual fundraisers coordinating with stakeholders
- Conducts internal analysis and ongoing research to identify ways to improve communications, increase engagement and expand our reach to widen our support base.
- Additional duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum 3-4 years of work experience across multiple marketing channels, including brand, digital, email, and events.
- Strong understanding of deadlines and attention to detail
- Excellent written and copy-editing skills.
- Experience engaging target audiences and building engagement through digital communications tools and email platforms.
- Eager to learn and problem-solve in time-sensitive situations.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- A positive, can-do attitude with solid self-direction, resourcefulness, and a desire to take initiative.
- Computer literacy; proficiency in Windows-based software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work in an open-office environment.
- Photography and video skills are a plus, but not required.
- Spanish language is a plus.
- Shows commitment to the mission, vision, and values of the Cayton Children's Museum.
The person in this position must be able to:
- Move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, storage shelves, etc.
- Lift up to 20 lbs.
- Communicate via telephone, video conference, email, and in person.
- Stand for sustained periods of time during special events and fundraisers (if applicable).
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salary range of $50,000-$55,000 depending on experience
- 32-hour work week
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Retirement plan; 401k with 4% employer match
- Health and childcare flexible spending accounts
- Vacation and sick days; paid holidays
- Commuter benefits
- Plus more
The Marketing Coordinator is a full-time position with a typical schedule of Monday – Thursday, with some evenings and weekends, as needed; however, schedule may vary.
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
The Cayton Children’s Museum’s mission is to activate the power of play to enrich the lives of children and their families, build stronger and more connected communities, and create a better world. We envision a world where all children, and the adults they grow up to be, experience the transformational and lifelong benefits of abundant, creative, and purposeful play. Our experiential, immersive play and values-based programming foster connection and creativity in children ages 0-8, both in our museum space and out in the community.
The Cayton Children’s Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, political affiliation, marital or family status, age, military service, or other non-merit factor.